Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Jasta 6 Albatross Pilot request

Guest British_eh

Hi there my fellow pilots.

Would any of you care to brief me on the Flight Characteristics, and your Combat Tactics, with the Albatross aircraft you're flying. It would be used to construct a SIA Pilot/Aircraft Primer for the the Albatross aircraft you have so keenly flew?

Cheers,

British_eh

Hi Brit,

Do you want posts here so you can collate them, or would you prefer PMs?

Make sure you get Olham in on this when he returns from holiday. He is the Albatros Man.

We'd asked Olham already but I think he's too busy to write a whole guide himself... plus, as he points out, there are several variants each with different characteristics.

Personally I think it best to post advice here in public as each observation could set off a useful chain of discussion. It would be the first committee-written 'Flying and Air Fighting....' guide :grin:

Dej wrote:

We'd asked Olham already but I think he's too busy to write a whole guide himself... plus, as he points out, there are several variants each with different characteristics.

Personally I think it best to post advice here in public as each observation could set off a useful chain of discussion. It would be the first committee-written 'Flying and Air Fighting....' guide :grin:

I wasn't actually suggesting that Olham necessairly write the entire guide on his own, but was rather noting he would have a large share of experience in the Albs that he could pass on to whomever WOULD write the guide. And as to a committee-written journal, why would we do that Dej? You've been doing such an outstanding job drafting these up for us lot to appreciate and garner bits of flying wisdom from I vote you continue. All in favour say, "AYE."

"AYE!"

Carried...approved. :grin:

Seriously Dej, your write-ups have been par excellence Sir, and a big thank you for your efforts.

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks you, Lou.

But I should point out that I personally have only written the two to which you yorself have contributed. British_eh wrote the Strutter, Dr.1 and imminent SE5 guides and Bullethead wrote the Fee and D.VII ones.

By committee I meant that if folks would like to offer advice on the Albatross here then either Richard or myself could compile a guide from the thread.

By the way, a guide to the Roland CII would be a valuable addition :wink:

Once again then I stand gratefully corrected, and offer my sincere thanks to British-eh and Bullethead as well on their fine work and contributions in this ongoing effort. Much appreciated Sirs. A round of drinks for the lot of you. Order up!

:drinks:

Hmm.

Anyone interested in a 'how to survive' guide for the BE2c?

That would be a short read, Si.

"How To Survive In The BE2c"

Chapter 1: Don't leave the ground.

Review: Don't leave the ground.

Advanced Techniques: Don't leave the ground and go to the pub instead.

Hmm.

Anyone interested in a 'how to survive' guide for the BE2c?

I feel I owe it to the memory of all those poor sods who perished in that R.eally A.trocious F.lying coffin to take up my BE2c pilot again at some time, so yes, Si, please do write one. PM me if you're up for it and I'll PM you the document template and the font file we use.

Having said that, my BE2 pilot does have a Halberstadt to his name... so you can air fight with 'em... as long as you've a large pice of luck installed.

That would be a short read, Si.

"How To Survive In The BE2c"

Chapter 1: Don't leave the ground.

Review: Don't leave the ground.

Advanced Techniques: Don't leave the ground and go to the pub instead.

RAFL,

You should have added "Request transfer to the infantry" to your BE2C guide, to the end of the advanced techniques.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Guest British_eh

Hi there Gents,

Yes, PM myself, and perhaps I can speak for Dej, PM him with any thing you think would be valuable, or give the write up a crack. We will look to keep a consistency in the look and feel of the write up, but the content would be yours.

Hmmm looks like a short write up on the BE2?

UNCLEAL "Why Don't you guys consult Ovs, as I'm sure he'll create a STICKY which can be eliminated at some point in the future". Sticky as such in place Sticky : attachicon.gif Survival In the Air Series - OFF- Pilot primers and Workshop Settings

Cheers,

British_eh

Tactics?? Vott tactics??? I usually shoot der Crumpets down, before zee enemees make problems?

Well, I want to get at it at last, although my fighting in the Albatros is hardly ever much adventurous.

Almost all kills are made by resolute attack, good shooting and good wingmen action.

I never had a fight like that famous Udet vs Guynemer sort of dogfight.

But I will try to put something together.

Guest British_eh

Hi there OLHAM and Jasta 6 crew,

Just notes on combat tactics and aircraft handling would be great!

Cheers,

Briitish_eh

Tactics?? Vott tactics??? I usually shoot der Crumpets down, before zee enemees make problems?

Well, I want to get at it at last, although my fighting in the Albatros is hardly ever much adventurous.

Almost all kills are made by resolute attack, good shooting and good wingmen action.

I never had a fight like that famous Udet vs Guynemer sort of dogfight.

But I will try to put something together.