Sign in to follow this  
Ticket1

Which F-4 cockpit is that?

Hi there, well, I can't help You with this exact cockpit version, but if You want sg. new, go to download section, look for F4's in the aircraft section AND for new and updated cockpits (cockpits ) , You'll find there's plenty of them...Good luck !:good:

Looks like the stock J to me. Possibly (but not likely) with one of the hi-rez repaints; those can be found in the /Cockpits section in our SF/Wo* downloads. And their quite nice too!

The "player" is using the baby avionics (ie: set to EASY), as evidenced by the god's eye view radar.

wrench

kevin stein

Looks like the stock J to me. Possibly (but not likely) with one of the hi-rez repaints; those can be found in the /Cockpits section in our SF/Wo* downloads. And their quite nice too!

The "player" is using the baby avionics (ie: set to EASY), as evidenced by the god's eye view radar.

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench,

Good to hear from you, played around with some of your work mostly downloaded from the download section, they're all very nicely done, it's good to have you in this community.  I've just came across another one, this is SO DIFFERENT...what version of SF is that, would that be SF2?  Please do check it out:->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSZYUTZhFs&feature=search

Edited by Ticket1

It only looks different because of the poor quality film - looking at the lighting effects its SF2 with a few effects (explosions) installed, stock terrain, stock F-4/pit and using easy avionics again.

Folks,

Do you by any chance happen to know about the value of Mach 1 which is used by the sim.  I'm doing some INI edit.  Also, is it appropriate to use the following formulae

eq01.gif

where V o is the velocity and a is the speed of sound. Thanks!

Tk1

Mach 1 is Mach 1. It varies with temperature and altitude. ThirdWire is using the "standard day" value.

Thanks Fubar.

By the way, how much do I lose game-wise if I stick my SFP1 installation to the 5.15.06 version instead of the latest Oct 2008 version? Reason is that I've found by using frame rate counters that ver 5.15.06 is way faster than Oct 2008. Using the same mission with native resolution

1680 X 1050 X 32 and AA=4X, I've managed to obtain something like 50FPS where as Oct 2008 gave me just 41FPS nearly 10 frames difference. Also I'm using Raedon 10.2 Catalyst for HD 4870 1GB DDR5 of my Q6600 system.

Yeah the 2006 version hasnt got as many graphical features to load at run time so runs a lot faster.

You would miss bug fixes, vast AI improvements, graphical improvemants/ dynamic shadows, parked aircraft to name a few things