Hi, I couldn't find any post related to this , so...Is there a HSI for the mirage 2000D , and if so, how can it be enabled ? in the backseat there's the map with the plane with the rings , etc, but no indicator shows the direction to follow...did I miss sg. REALLY obvious ????:dntknw:

thx in advance ...

IMVHO, I don't think you missed anything.

There's few ways to create something to show the waypoint direction.

Without the 3D model it will be tricky and will make a crappy result, but I like it because it makes the flight more fun than just follow the white triangles.

Here's my attempt :

First, I've fixed the ADI ball, but you don't need it to try the little change I made (it may not be what you want...)

On the front HUD you have the course of the plane on the top of the glass. I think the analog counter of the external fuel tanks is not necessary, and the data is repeated in the rear cockpit.

The thing is to transform the analog fuel counter into a waypoint course indicator.

Open the Mirage2000D_COCKPIT file, and search for the ExternalFuel2 entry.

[ExternalFuel2]

Type=BEARING_MARKER <-- new line

//Type=EXTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR <-- add the // to neutralize the line

CounterNodeFormat=FE_dig%d

MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

ValueUnit=Deg <-- new line

//ValueUnit=KG<-- add the // to neutralize the line

//Scale=1<-- add the // to neutralize the line

The former external fuel tank counter will give you the course to follow to the next way point.

Crappy solution but it works just by editing one item.

Cool, 1000 thx for this ingenious solution, never would've thought of anything like this....probably that's why I'm just a simple 'user' :grin: :grin: :grin:

Anyway, I hope there are plans for an upgraded/updated cockpit, the plane it's just way too beautiful not to have a high quality (TMF-MiG-29 ) cockpit...the solution with the double seat, great idea from AmokFloo, lots of possibilities for 2seaters...so, thx again !!!!!!!

best regards

Don't say that, because I'm a simple user like you.

It's just I like to improve things when I can... so I open the files and see how it's done :)

The idea come from the Super Etendard cockpit made by Foxmonster.

It's available for 1st generation Third Wire at Capun's site, but you'll have to register.

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

It's available at CombatAce for SFP2.

Take a spin with her and you won't regret!

Thx, never flown that one before, it seems You already know what I've missed.-)))

Ok, finally managed to dl the super etendard, but there's this problem with the canopy opening and wings folding while take-off....I remember having found a fix for this kind of problem - some change in one of the config files, but which one ? I totally forgot...If You could help me with that, I'd be grateful...I guess you manaed to fix this...thx

For the fixed canopy and wing fold, just download the Super Etendard from the SF2 Downloads section. Use the Data.ini file in that package, and it will work just fine with your SF1 install.

Thx for the tip, I did download that version, did everything according to the rules of SF2-->SF1 'conversion' , but I had to change some lines in the data.ini file, in the pilot section...I also found some other posts similar to this kind of problem, so, finally I managed -with Your help - to solve it....:-))))

thx guys

Great to see you guys working on such an instrumental er.. instrument! The HSI is all but essential when flyying with "Alt D, D, D.." as in no Uber Hud, you know what I mean? fan_1.gif