Sign in to follow this  
delta_lima

Changing planes for stock WoV campaign

Hello all,

Sorry - real noob when it comes to WoV - got it years ago, did a few campaigns - now getting into it more.

Question is with all the better-than-stock planes out there (eg: MF F-8D/E), I'd like to replace the stock planes in the stock campaigns with these. In particular, I'd like to fly a "navy" Crusader campaign from the point of view of an embarked Marine flyer. Is there a way I can

1) change the unit

2) change the plane assignment

in a stock campaign to achieve this?

many thanks!

DL

What you are looking to do is a simple question of editing the campaign_DATA.ini file which contains details of all the units which appear in campaign.

However, for WoV, this is recommended:-

http://combatace.com/files/file/10658-wov-air-ground-war-expansion-pack-gold-jul-2010-update/

That contains links to the three main d/l packages, and represents a magnificent upgrade to stock WoV.

Cheers,

Baltika

Great - will d/l and investigate further.

many thanks,

dl

What you are looking to do is a simple question of editing the campaign_DATA.ini file which contains details of all the units which appear in campaign.

However, for WoV, this is recommended:-

http://combatace.com/files/file/10658-wov-air-ground-war-expansion-pack-gold-jul-2010-update/

That contains links to the three main d/l packages, and represents a magnificent upgrade to stock WoV.

Cheers,

Baltika

Sorry - quick question:

Searched for campaign_DATA.ini throughout my WoV install - can't find it. Also searched for a WoV campaign editor (which I vaguely understand as being necessary to edit this file) - only found a SFP1 campaign editor, which understandably won't connect with my WoV exe.

What am I doing wrong? Am all patched up to 2008b ...

thanks,

You need an cat extraction utility. I use SFP1E extractor. You should find it in the download section. The campaign file you can edit without a campaign editor. You must simply overwrite the existing planes with the wished planes and the existing locations withe the wished locations. Its quite simple. :salute:

OK - found the file on check-six.

I pointed the extractor to the only file which the extracot could read - Objects/ObjectData - and of the hundreds of files there, there was no campaign_data_ini.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

wrong cat file - MissionData.cat in "Flight" is probably what you need

Suggest you use the catpack installer - it extracts every file in the cat to a normal folder so you can easily look through all the files.

To use - Make a copy of the .cat file - then drag and drop it onto catpack.exe - the rest is automatic

Will look for the catpack - good tip!

Pointed the extractor to Flight - found no MissionData.cat ... thoughts?

sorry for the haranguing - I'm learning with each step!

dl

wrong cat file - MissionData.cat in "Flight" is probably what you need

Suggest you use the catpack installer - it extracts every file in the cat to a normal folder so you can easily look through all the files.

To use - Make a copy of the .cat file - then drag and drop it onto catpack.exe - the rest is automatic

E:\Wings over Vietnam\Flight\MissionData.cat

Thats the path of my installation of WOV

includes the files

WOVCAMPL1.ini

WOVCAMPL2.ini

WOVCAMPRT.ini