Okay so I recently decided to start over with my SF2E install. I deleted everything and reinstalled it along with the Jun 2010 patch. I added in the few mods that I wanted to keep, and I'm all set. The only problem is that now with the way the SF2 series are setup I don't have my weapons folder in my saved games folder like I did before. I created one last time and obviously I added weapons to it, but something never dawned on me until now.......how do I figured out which weapons the game comes with? I want to adjust my default loadout files for the various aircraft, and I'm not sure what to name the weapons (i.e. for a MiG-23 carrying an Aphid-A missile...do I call it AA-8A or R-60T?)

Is there a way to find a list of the stock weapons that come with SF2E? I might add more weapons later, but I'd like to start from scratch and see what the game already has so that I don't add multiple examples of the same weapons - again using the Aphid-A as an example.....I don't want an R-60T and then another weapon named AA-8A when they are both the same thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just install the latest weapon editor mate, it will list you everything quite nicely.

I thought the latest weapon editor had some problems?

Of course I suppose I don't have to actually edit anything with it.....

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Oh and for the record I already went through and attempted to figure out which weapons were available at least for Western aircraft....lots of going back and forth between screens. :) What can I say? I do things the painful way sometimes...lol.

the weapons editor isnt really necessary anymore with the new layout though it can be convient for some. For western weps i do a lot of research and data_ini editing. i don't quite have the patience to go through the warsaw pact weapons yet. im running a vietnam based install a europe based one a 1950s based one and gonna set up a 1990s based one. all merged of course:grin:

Oooh....neat website. Thanks Wrench!

Yeah, I'm finding that I need to make small data.ini edits although with only the stock weapons, I think the weapons editor is still the quickest way for me to do it. I'm going to just add individual weapons as I see fit instead of using weapons packs. They are great, but I end up with so many weapons that I never use.

One weapon I think I'll add is the AGM-88......my F-4G needs something to shoot. :)

Is there a way to find a list of the stock weapons that come with SF2E?

Yes, by extracting the WeaponData.ini from the ObjectData001 folder. Please note that if you have more than one SF2 game installed then it gives the total list of stock weapons.

Oooh....neat website. Thanks Wrench!

Yeah, I'm finding that I need to make small data.ini edits although with only the stock weapons, I think the weapons editor is still the quickest way for me to do it. I'm going to just add individual weapons as I see fit instead of using weapons packs. They are great, but I end up with so many weapons that I never use.

One weapon I think I'll add is the AGM-88......my F-4G needs something to shoot. :)

Well then here it gets even easier, download a weps pack (I recommend Gunny's) and install it to a folder on your desktop. With the SF2 format, just grab a folder, like the AGM-88 for example and just put it into your weapons folder. That is it. They install just like planes and ground objects. You never have to use the wep editor at all. I highly recommends you do it this way. A. Its easier B. You dont have have edit any lines of code. Its a drag and drop install affair.

one thing to remember about the new system ... SF2 does NOT like spaces in the names of the folder, inis, or even inside the ini..

Example:

Toilet Bomb

dosent work but,

ToiletBomb does

& in the main ini

[WeaponData]

ObjectFullName=Toilet Bomb

ObjectDataFile=ToiletBomb_DATA.INI <--notice no spacing, just the _underline

[LOD001]

Filename=TB.LOD

Distance=200

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=4000

MaxVisibleDistance=100

so, double check and make sure all the namings match

wrench

kevinstein

Thanks for the tips. I'll try Gunny's weps pack again.....as time goes by I'm sure I'll come across more and more weapons that I need or would like to use. As odd as it sounds I'm trying to keep the number of stuff I add in to the minimum simply due to the fact that for whatever reason my new laptop can't run the game at great framerates in certain situations, so I figure the less the game has to load up the better.

With all of this in mind (this is a bit off topic), can you guys recommend an F-104 to use for my SF2E install? I always enjoyed having the F-104 available in the original games, and with SF2E, I'm not sure whether I should just add an old SFP1 era cockpit to the stock F-104G or whether I should download an all new bird.

The F-104 is one of the must have planes in the series for me, so everytime I see it flying around as an AI aircraft, I want to hop in the seat.

Any suggestions on how I can get my F-104-fix back? :)

look in the SF2 Knowledge Base ... I wrote a tutorial for the Zipper a coupla months or so back. Basically, it's the 1stGen F-104G, and all you really need from it is the cockpit folder, avionics ini and something that I forget; with that, you can make all the (now) AI F-104 (including the CF-104s in sf2E flyable)

The aircraft (it's TKs from a free addon for SF), and its here at CA. IIRC, the link is in the tutorial

And yes, it's still mapped the same, so all the old 1stGen skins will still work on it

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: link to KB post

http://combatace.com/topic/57393-flyable-f-104s-for-sf2/

follow my instructions in there EXACTLY!! And don't forget to get BAtmam's hi-rez pit!

Edited by Wrench

or one could just get NF4+ for Zippers, Vipers and many different marks of Phantoms!

Thanks for the tips. I'll try Gunny's weps pack again.....as time goes by I'm sure I'll come across more and more weapons that I need or would like to use. As odd as it sounds I'm trying to keep the number of stuff I add in to the minimum simply due to the fact that for whatever reason my new laptop can't run the game at great framerates in certain situations, so I figure the less the game has to load up the better.

That is the beauty of Gunny's wep pack, since everything is drag and drop, add and remove weps as you like. Just put that file with the weps somewhere safe and its all goodd after that. That is how I do it, that way I dont have a ton of stuff I dont want.