Sign in to follow this  
iranianace

Weapons Pack Doesn't Work with SFP1!

Hi guys,

I'm getting nuts! I did everything to get the weapons pack to work in my SFP1(Oct2008) but couldn't. I did install SFP1, then applied the latest patch(Oct 2008). It worked fine until I downloaded and applied the self-extracting weapons pack(1-2-08). Now I don't see any weapons, none!

I did read the forum. Seems like there is such an issue but still can't get it to work. What did I do wrong here?

Please advise.

p.s. I run XP SP3

In your objects folder, is there a weapons folder?

In your objects folder, is there a weapons folder?

Yes, there is. Here's a snapshot of the object folder.

There must be either a .dat or .ini file issue here but I don't know which one.

Please advise. Thanks.

post-9668-058164100 1282432498.jpg

Edited by iranianace

I have done everything right still I am unable to open any of the weapons! There is a Weapon folder full of different items in Object folder but the game doesn't run them. It must be a .ini or .dat file issue.

Please advise

are you using the right weapons editor?? For post-08 games, it requires the post-08 WepEditor

Or, are you NOT able to open the editor? There's a LOT of threads on this very subject in the Knowledge Base...

wrench

kevin stein

It's getting more confusing!

This is what I did. Installed SFP1->patched it to Oct 2008->installed Iran-Iraq campaign(including IRIAF F-14A, MiG-25PD as recommended).

All worked fine until I installed one of the self-extracting weapons pack(2008) just to use AIM-54 for the Tomcat but then all weapons disappeared from the game's loadout menu!

I had to delete the Weapons folder to get back to the original weapons(AIM-7 and AIM-9). I searched and there was initially NO weapondata.ini in the original game before installing the weapons pack.

All I wanted is AIM-54 for the Tomcat. I never used any weapons edittor.

Please let me know step by step what to do to get the Phoenix missile work on the Tomcat. Thanks.

It's getting more confusing!

This is what I did. Installed SFP1->patched it to Oct 2008->installed Iran-Iraq campaign(including IRIAF F-14A, MiG-25PD as recommended).

All worked fine until I installed one of the self-extracting weapons pack(2008) just to use AIM-54 for the Tomcat but then all weapons disappeared from the game's loadout menu!

I had to delete the Weapons folder to get back to the original weapons(AIM-7 and AIM-9). I searched and there was initially NO weapondata.ini in the original game before installing the weapons pack.

All I wanted is AIM-54 for the Tomcat. I never used any weapons edittor.

Please let me know step by step what to do to get the Phoenix missile work on the Tomcat. Thanks.

That weapons pack predates the '08 patch. All you need to do is download and install this weapon editor: http://www.thirdwire.net/files/dl/WeaponEditor_022008.zip

And then follow the instructions in the knowledge base here: http://combatace.com/topic/12210-getting-the-weapon-editors-to-work-in-winxp/

and here: http://combatace.com/topic/9323-adding-weapons-to-sfwovwoe-a-tutorial/

I am surprised how come the original SFP1 didn't have any Weapon folder in Object folder. I looked in all the folders but I couldn't find anything although AIM-7, AIM-9 and a bunch of different bombs and tanks etc. were available in the loadout menu!!!

Anyways, after downloading the weapons edittor you suggested, I still can't add any weapon. There is a conflict somewhere. The game doesn't know where to look for weapons. That's why the loadout menu is empty.

I did read all the posts regarding this issue but still am stuck! Could someone please help?!

Edited by iranianace

Hi folks & OP,

I guess I can of some help at that. Allow me to repeat it one more time.  Please make sure you've done the installation in the order as below:

1) Install from CD Strike Fighters: Project 1

2) Patch the installation using the SFP1_Update_Oct2008b.exe executable available from http://www.thirdwire.com website

3) Install Mirage Factory Weapon pack dated 25-01-2009 named SFP_WOE_Weapon_Pack_25_01_09.exe

4) Obtain a folder display as shown below:

Could you please do a folder display and send the image over.  Just like this one I've had done:

8252010193005.png

Dear Ticket1,

Could you please go on and in simple steps expalin what I should do to get this weapon pack to work.

There's no point of me posting screenshots of the folder. In fact I did post a screenshot a few days ago here. Look above!

Just explain what to do step by step and hopefully we can make it right. Thanks.

To the OP

Here is one of my findings, the Mirage Factory Weapon Pack has imposed an aircraft restriction to the F-14 and the F-14 only.  In which case, if your F-14A tomcat is not what the weapon pack is referring to, you will lose all the available weapons in the menu of the loadout screen.  I'm not saying that is the definitive cause of your problem but a highly probable possibility.

The best thing you would do is to follow what I suggest in my last thread. We will then proceed from thereon-in.  Hope this helps.

Tk1

Dear Ticket1,

Could you please go on and in simple steps expalin what I should do to get this weapon pack to work.

There's no point of me posting screenshots of the folder. In fact I did post a screenshot a few days ago here. Look above!

Just explain what to do step by step and hopefully we can make it right. Thanks.

I noted that screen shot but regrettably it doesn't show some of the identification information of the Weapon Editor file which I would like to check out for you.  Another issue which I see from the information you've provided me with is that the weapon pack you've obtained might not be the one which suits your need for AIM-54C. There are a few things which requires some work before you can get your F-14 working. I do not have the campaign you mentioned actually I tried looking for it on this forum but in vain.

I can however guide you through some essential steps though because I'm also working on the AIM-54C. This simulator is amazing in the sense that you can modify a lot of things.  For instance, you may change the F-4J to carry AIM-120C AMRAAM or even the AIM-54C, of course for testing purpose.  In this case for instance you need to have the SFP1E utility.  Have you got this utility or do you know how to operate it?  These are all needed when you want to get the F-14 working in your campaign.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Ticket1

Dear friends,

My problem with SFP1 is that I can not use the weapons edittor. I can only use the weapons that originally came with it and everytime I tried to install the weapons pack(no matter which one), my loadout menu becomes empty!

I did read ALL the threads regarding using weapons pack in this forum. None of them solved my issue. To get SFP1 to get working again, I had to delete all the files that were installed by the weapon pack just to go back to the original state.

This sounds crazy but this is what happens everytime. So I am obligated just to use a very limited number of AA missiles that SFP1 initially came with and nothing more.

Again, here is what I did.

1-Installed SFP1 from original CD

2-Patched it to the latest Oct 2008

3- Installed Iran-Iraq Campaign(available from Combatace.com)

Now everything works fine. Missiles, maps, new aircarft all work fine. Until I download and install any SFP1 weapon pack. After installation of the weapon pack, there is NO weapon available anymore(not even the original weapons).

Please help me out. This shouldn't be so complicated.

• Dislike 1

It's not complicated. You need to use the proper version of the weaponeditor to VALIDATE the weapondata.ini. You do so by opening it with the (and I cannot stress this often enough) proper version of the weaponeditor, and then saving it with same. That's all.

Where should I save the weapondata.ini? When I open the weapondata.ini with weapon edittor and then click save., nothing happens! It doesn't even ask for where to save the ini file.

I am so confused with this.

It should be saved inside the weapons folder. Once you've clicked save, you're done. Make sure that there's also a file named "weapondata.dat", time and date stamped to when you saved the data.

• Dislike 1

Still the same!

I did save the weapondata.ini in Weapons folder. There's also weapondata.dat file which has the time and date of saving .ini file. But still nothing happens. I still see NO list of weapons in Loudout menu!

Damn it! This is driving me crazy!!!

I still see NO list of weapons in Loudout menu!

On all aircraft under all nations?

On all aircraft under all nations?

Yes, as soon as I install the weapon pack(no matter what version, I tried them all), all weapons for all aircraft for all nations disappear from the loadout menu for each particular aircarft!

There are two more issues as well. See the photos below.

1- MiG-23ML landing gears don't retract properly and you can see sky through the wheel well. Also they have no markings or flags.

2- In F-14 menu, when you chose IRIAF as your paint scheme, your wingmen are still IIAF and NOT IRIAF!

Please let me know how to resolve these issues as well.

post-9668-033032300 1282826520.jpg

post-9668-056357500 1282826529.jpg

post-9668-089711300 1282826542.jpg

Edited by iranianace
  • Like 1

Dear friends,

My problem with SFP1 is that I can not use the weapons edittor. I can only use the weapons that originally came with it and everytime I tried to install the weapons pack(no matter which one), my loadout menu becomes empty!

I did read ALL the threads regarding using weapons pack in this forum. None of them solved my issue. To get SFP1 to get working again, I had to delete all the files that were installed by the weapon pack just to go back to the original state.

This sounds crazy but this is what happens everytime. So I am obligated just to use a very limited number of AA missiles that SFP1 initially came with and nothing more.

Again, here is what I did.

1-Installed SFP1 from original CD

2-Patched it to the latest Oct 2008

3- Installed Iran-Iraq Campaign(available from Combatace.com)

Now everything works fine. Missiles, maps, new aircarft all work fine. Until I download and install any SFP1 weapon pack. After installation of the weapon pack, there is NO weapon available anymore(not even the original weapons).

Please help me out. This shouldn't be so complicated.

I would suggest that you slightly alter your list order

1) fresh install of SFP1

2) patch to 08

3) install weapons pack (I suggest the MF self installing pack...it's easiest to not mess up )

4) now install the campaign of your choice

Good luck

Rom

1- MiG-23ML landing gears don't retract properly and you can see sky through the wheel well. Also they have no markings or flags.

2- In F-14 menu, when you chose IRIAF as your paint scheme, your wingmen are still IIAF and NOT IRIAF!

Please let me know how to resolve these issues as well.

1. Not seen that before - does it say which version of Strike Fighters that Mig was tested in?

2. Only 3rd Wire can change that - we have been asking for a button that gives the whole flight the same weapons and skins - until then they have to be configured separately.

Thanks guys for all the responses but I still have the same problem as day 1!

As for MiG-23ML, it was originally part of Iran-Iraq Campaign. Seems like it's a modeling issue rather than video card issue or the like.

As for the wingman's paint scheme, I assume there should be a formation.dll that can take care of this issue. For those who write add-ons, maybe they can find a simple way.

I will reinstall SFP1 tonight for the 10th time and I will add the weapons pack BEFORE I install Iran-Iraq campaign. Hopefully it resolves this annoying issue.

Edited by iranianace

In F-14 menu, when you chose IRIAF as your paint scheme, your wingmen are still IIAF and NOT IRIAF!

On this point there is no problem or a glitch. Wingmen will always fly as [TextureSet001] unless you change them in the drop-down menu in the Hangar Screen.

If you always want to fly IRIAF then simply edit the main ini so that [TextureSet001] is IRIAF. Simples!

(A crude alternative method would be to remove the IIAF skin).

Edited by Spinners

Does the campaign download in question come with it's own custom weapons? If that's the case then you shouldn't add a weapons pack at all. Just a thought...