Sign in to follow this  
Trespasser

Not new to F4.0. but have questions

Hi guys,

Hope ppl still playing Allied Force. I'm not new to Falcon. My exp goes back to pre Falcon 3.0 and up. But I do tend to put it away and dig it out every few years. Currently playing Allied Force as I went for stability over eye-candy. I went through a Balkan Campaign a couple of years ago and had a blast. I've now dug it it out and getting my feet wet with a Korean Rolling Thunder Campaign at full realism. but only on Veteran. Wondering if someone might have the answer to two questions?

1) re BARCAPS: is there anyway the ATO doesn't set up a million BARCAPS lol? Even if my slider is only slightly right of the left most position most flights that get generated are BARCAPS. If I set to the slider (Defensive Counter Air) all the way to the left then no BARCAPS get generated hehehe. Is this just a headache I have to deal with? Anyone else experience this?

2) re: RECON Patrols; has anyone tried to set up one of these and been successful? I have a squad of U-2 aircraft in southern Korea and went to create a package that would perform a recon patrol along a segment of the FLOT. Everything was fine except when I go to input the "action" (ie recon) at a specific waypoint, the option of "recon" is not there lol. If someone knows how to create a recon package I'd dearly love to know the answer as to the steps involved!

Thank in advance for any help and CHEERS to all

Trespasser

1. might be a bug - have seen it before and others have reported it - I often just cancel the barcaps and set up something useful.

2. No idea on that one

Currently playing Rolling Fire (1990s) in a Block 32 myself at all out level - first time I have done Korea - and kinda shocked to get AIM-7Ms and AGM-45s in the load out

I had the same problem with BARCAP mission. I have a earlier post with the same question. I would go with Mig's answer and set up useful strike mission or interdiction missions. You can change your patrol time in a barcap so you only have to patrol for 5 minuets, but thats still a wast of good fuel and a good mission. If North Korea is still sending aircraft your way then barcaps are good to run for aa kills and you shutdown there offence. If you are in my situation and they only have An-24's left, then your better off building strike missions on high value targets.

As always,

Happy Hunting

Ta for the responses guys. It's only day one 16h00 so the BARCAPS are still useful at this time. And I finally managed to get the recon thingy working for my U-2's. Not sure why "Recon" didn't come up in the drop down "action' menu when I first tried to set up a recon package.

The idea of creating different packages is sound and I do love to set those up, but I do tend to get a lot of "No Aircraft Available" messages which is odd because at the moment there's only a few missions in my mission schedule for the 13th F-16 Squad based in Seoul. Even if I delete sorties it still gives me the same msg lol.

The idea of creating different packages is sound and I do love to set those up, but I do tend to get a lot of "No Aircraft Available" messages which is odd because at the moment there's only a few missions in my mission schedule for the 13th F-16 Squad based in Seoul. Even if I delete sorties it still gives me the same msg lol.

If missions are already planed for those aircraft then you will get a no available aircraft. In the beginning of the campaign it's hard t find available aircraft. For now I would say fly the barcaps as they are still useful and an AA kill weighs more on your pilot rating than an ag. Once North Korea is out of fighters you will begin to see available aircraft. I am in day 7 01:00h in the Italy theater and I have to make every other mission. as long as the take off time works with the mission schedule then its smooth sailing.

In the beginning of any campaign its better to have your planes in the air which is why they are unavailable. A plane on the ground is a wasted asset. Later on, its up to the ground units to come through and move the front lines closer to your goal.

Happy Hunting