Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

B-57B default question

Hi, it looks like my B-57 default is messed up. i tried to fly and it is invisible with weps on the wings only. no exterior and it does not move either in flight. anyone know which cat file it is in under objects? i wonder if it is damaged or not. thx.

What would your issue have to do with the cat file containing that model? Just copy the following data into the B-57B.ini file contained within its like-named subfolder in your mod folder, and then save it.

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=B-57B Canberra

AircraftShortName=B-57

AircraftDataFile=B-57B_data.ini

LoadoutFile=B-57B_loadout.ini

UserList=B-57B_UserList.ini

[LOD001]

Filename=B-57B.lod

Distance=120

[LOD002]

Filename=B-57B_lod002.lod

Distance=400

[LOD003]

Filename=B-57B_lod003.lod

Distance=800

[LOD004]

Filename=B-57B_lod004.lod

Distance=2000

[LOD005]

Filename=B-57B_lod005.lod

Distance=12000

[DamageTexture]

DamagedPostFix=_holes.DDS

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=800

[TextureSet001]

Directory=USAFCamo1

Name=USAF Camo 1 T.O. 1-1-4

Nation=USAF

Squadron=8BS

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSet002]

Directory=USAFSilver1

Name=USAF Silver 1

Nation=USAF

Squadron=13BS

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.800000

[TextureSet003]

Directory=USAFBlack1

Name=USAF Black 1 Night Intruder

Nation=USAF

Squadron=8BS

Specular=0.800000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.200000

[TextureSet004]

Directory=RAFCamo1

Name=RAF Camo 1

Nation=RAF

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

Hi, I am trying to get it flyable and so i can use Spinners mod here. The same thing happened to another default plane and it turned out to be a damaged or incomplete cat file which did the trick. that is why I want to know the which cat has this plane. I use the cat extr. If its not there, then it means the cat is damaged.

As the lod file is cotained within the cat file, and is read by default from that location, how can it be corrupt? Again, on a default TW model, you do not need to extract the lod file...you just need to direct the .ini to it, as outlined above.

Not likely ... more like an ini edit gone bad. If you have damaged or corrupted cat files, the game would CRASH

Of course, it goes without saying that one must have SF2 (you know, with desert terrain?), as the B-57B is stock in there.

all ya need are the pointer lines in the main ini (B-57B.ini) to a cockpit & avionics ini, and the pointer to the avionics60.dll. Thusly...

[AircraftData]

AircraftShortName=B-57

CockpitDataFile=F-4B_cockpit.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-4B_65_avionics.ini

nothing else is really required, excepting maybe a new avionics ini that don't have any A-A statments (just ground mapping and TE -so maybe the A-4C or E would be a better avionics.ini). You'll want the data ini so you can add this line:

CockpitCGOffset=TRUE

so the pilot position actually lines up with the physical location of the pilot figure from the external view.

that's all you need. other than a large prybar

wrench

kevinstein

Edited by Wrench

Hi, heres a snapshot of the folder and the ini. Its still invisible, except for the weps

[AircraftData]

AircraftShortName=B-57

CockpitDataFile=B-57B_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=B-57B_hangar.jpg

LoadoutImage=B-57B_loadout.tga

LoadingScreen=B-57B_loading.jpg

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=B-57B_avionics.ini

[LOD001]

Filename=B-57B.lod

Distance=120

[LOD002]

Filename=B-57B_lod002.lod

Distance=400

[LOD003]

Filename=B-57B_lod003.lod

Distance=800

[LOD004]

Filename=B-57B_lod004.lod

Distance=2000

[LOD005]

Filename=B-57B_lod005.lod

Distance=12000

[DamageTexture]

DamagedPostFix=_holes.DDS

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=800

[TextureSet001]

Directory=USAFSilver1

Name=USAF Silver 1

Nation=USAF

Squadron=13BS

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.800000

[TextureSet002]

Directory=USAFCamo1

Name=USAF Camo 1 T.O. 1-1-4

Nation=USAF

Squadron=8BS

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSet003]

Directory=USAFBlack1

Name=USAF Black 1 Night Intruder

Nation=USAF

Squadron=8BS

Specular=0.800000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.200000

[TextureSet004]

Directory=RAFCamo1

Name=RAF Camo 1

Nation=RAF

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

post-2035-065813400 1282448886.jpg

post-2035-006572300 1282449299.jpg

Edited by dsawan

ok, what we have here is a failure to follow instructions ... Spinner's dhimari canberra is a COMPLETE aircraft. As you can see in the screenie below, no problems getting it "in game"

You unzip it, and drop the various folders INTO you mods folder. You'll see 3 folders after unzipping ...

Aircraft

Decals

Weapons

drop them into the /Objects folder, and Viola!! you have a new, flyable airplane for the Dhimari AF (which, btw, the nationality thereof does NOT show on the menu screen. Also, the GunAimAngles for the guns are waaaaaaaaaay off

or to quote Spinners readme:

INSTRUCTIONS

1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the B-57B_Dh folder into your Aircraft folder.

2. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the B-57B1_TIPTANK folder into your Weapons folder.

3. From the DECALS folder sprinkle the contents into your main Decals folder.

Do not just move the folder! You must empty the contents in.

I, persoanlly, dislike the way the decals are handeled ... they should be seperated into the perfered format ..

/Objects/Decals/*aircraftname*/*skinname*/D

alternatively, it should be /Objects/Decals/*Aircraftname*/

as he's reusing the arabic numbers from the stock cats, and just adding the DhAF roundels, which should be placed at the root of the /*aircrafname* folder

Also, the Scooter pit, while nice, is only single engined; you need 2 set of annunciators for the engines, fuel tanks, and other systems. Rhino pit is the closest we have

It's also missing the RWR systems, that 99.9% of all USAF style B-57Bs had. Be it audio only, it still had one; as well as later models having chaff dispensers.

add (ie: copy/paste) this at the bottom of the avionics ini:

[RWR]

Type=AUDIO_ONLY

TrackSound=RWRTrackSound.wav

LockSound=RWRLockSound.wav

ThreatLaunchSAMOnly=TRUE

ThreatLaunchFlash=TRUE

LockFlash=TRUE

LockFlashRate=0.1

[RWRTrackSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

[RWRLockSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

with nearly 100 megs of books on pdf on the Canberra....I know a little something about them, eh?

wrench

kevin stein

Also, taking a closer look at your file structure, LOOK AT WHERE YOU PLACED THE B-57B...

You have it in your SF2:I mods folder. and guess what...

if you run you sf2i FROM the sf2:i.exe, you'll ONLY get those aircraft that are referenced in the cats specific to sf2:i

Therefore, you ain't gonna have any lods for the Canberra, as there aren't any to be had.

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, I run a merged install of all 4 games. I use the sf2 exp 1 .exe and the mod folder associated with it. if i try to run the sf2 exe only, it just exits to desktop. is there a way to get it so that one exe runs all the planes? When exp 1 came out, I installed to the merged install. Then I made a shortcut of that exe and it created the evenutal mod folder with sf2 exp 1 listed.

Edited by dsawan

I tried the default tu-16 and made it flyable and it works perfect. It is visible and that model is from sf2 desert,same as canberra. So i dont think its location as you talk about above.

This seems similar to the problem you had with my Irish Mirage IIIC. If you've got all four titles merged you really shouldn't have a problem unless as Wrench is suggesting you're using the SF2:I exe to create a very narrowly defined install. The Tu-16 is in SF2:I which probably explains why you can easily create a flyable version from your SF2:I exe (thinks: I must try the Tu-16 sometime).

if you look again at his screenie, you'll see 2 SF2:I expansion pak mod folders.

what might be a suggestion, MOVE all the mods folders to another location (like CDs, DVD, external HD). Uninstall ALL the games and start complety from scratch. Something is obviously f***ed up in how the mods folders were created. Or how mods were installed

and for the record, the SF2 exe gives access to ALL items for SF2 (sf2v, e, i and exp pak). That's how mine works, and 99.9% of everybody else.

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, guys. Spinners you are right. This same prob happeneed with your mirage. I found out that the cat file holding the mirage was screwed or less bytes in size than what is on the cd. So i copied from my cd and it fixed it. that is why i think it may be similar. I need to know the cat file for ovjevts that has the b-57. I bought the combo p[ack with all 4 installs that TK had on sale. I am suspecting it is not a complete download and may be corrupt. hen i did the fix, it was from my WOI sf2 single purchase instead of the combo pack and it worked. Hope this helps. I woudl hate to do another reinstall but if no alternative, I;ll have to do it. I tried starting from sf2 europe and desert.exe and they bring me to desktop. Only ones that work are the sf2 exp 1.exe which correlates to my mod folder for it. My korea install works also.

does anyone know whci object.cat has the b-57? that would be the key thing here and may probaly fix this issue like it did with the mirage.

Edited by dsawan

I'm almost sure that you can re-download your combo from the original link sent by Third Wire.

The most-often ignored advice when it comes to computers: "Back up, back up, back up!" All my downloaded TW titles are backed up twice. First, on to an external HDD, and then, onto a DVD.

''CockpitCGOffset=TRUE''

i seem to have my pilots and my loadouts all posistioned rather raf foward of where they should be, where abouts would i add this line to my ini, under what section? my B-57B is happily flyable, just with that rather annoying anomolie from external everything is about a scale 2 foot foward of its should be posisiton.

to the aircraft's data ini, in the [AircraftData] section. As to the loadout issues, I cannot speak to that without a screenshot

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

hmmm....Id extract a FRESH data ini from the objectdata002.cat, at the most recent patch level, and compare the weapons mounting positions against the the one you're using. Perhaps something has changed....

Also, that loadout ain't stock; when compared to the original loadout ini

BTW, this is the STOCK 57B, right? Not ajundairs???

wrench

kevin stein

I belive it is the stock one, i am using SF2 V, E, I EXP1. EXP2 and vietnam groundwar expansion pack, all merged, along with a medium sprinkling of aircraft mods ontop, i recently as in yesterday reinstalled everything and i still have the problem, even when i remove the B-57b folder from my mods folder the plane still shows up with pilots out of posistion and with ordinance projected foward, i am also using killerbees 2 ordinace packs. I am no stranger to modding, i myself am a modder for il2, but this one has me stumped, perhaps i am experiancing a mod conflict of sorts?

Cheers for any help.

it definatly sounds like some kind of mod conflict of sorts.

back up the original inis, extract some new ones from the latest patch level, and see what winds up where. Mounting points are only controled by the data ini (as well as pilot positons), so I'd look/compare a "fresh" one to what you have. You'll be looking at the AttachmentPosition= and PilotPositon= statements in their respective sections of the data ini

EDIT: just checked mine, and had the same 'displacement'. Renamed the data ini, and the problem went away ... as seen below.

Compared with the latest data ini, the pilot positons is displaced almost 2 meters!

wrench

kevin stein

img00005.jpg?t=1292314491

As you can see, rather strange, no idea what has done this, any clues?

this is why servicemembers are not allowed to drnk in theater anymore:rofl:

Edited by Wrench
corrected spelling LOL!

The CG position in the data.ini does not correspond with the actual LOD CG.

A mod was put in somewhere that didn't take into account the CG shift.

FC

one of the tell-tale giveaway was the duplicated tip drop tanks, untextured on the NM skin

the other, of course as DA expalined, was the drunk sitting on the windshield!! :lol:

"Look at me!! I don't an airplane! I'm a pliot"

(he dosen't need subtitles, either)

wrench

kevin stein

Well i'll be damned, renaming the data.ini actually worked, fantastic, cheers for the help, now i wonder what caused this in the first place, either way im chuffed its fixed,

Cheers all.

Moof.