Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Iran unveils first bomber drone

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11052023

_48825046_48825047.jpg

Iran has unveiled what it says is its first domestically built unmanned - or drone - bomber.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the plane could serve as a "messenger of death", but that its key message was one of friendship.

Iranian state TV later showed the "Karrar" aircraft in flight.

It said it had a range of 1,000km (620 miles) and could carry two 250-pound (115kg) bombs, or a precision bomb of 500 pounds.

The plane is the latest in a series of new pieces of military hardware unveiled by Iran.

"This jet is a messenger of honour and human generosity and a saviour of mankind, before being a messenger of death for enemies of mankind," President Ahmadinejad said after unveiling the Karrar at a ceremony with defence officials.

"The key message is friendship," he added. "We must make efforts to render all the enemy's weapons useless with our defence potential."

The unveiling came amid continuing concerns over Iran's nuclear programme.

Western states suspect Iran is trying to obtain a nuclear bomb, though Iran says its programme is designed to boost domestic power supplies.

On Saturday, Iran began loading fuel rods at the Bushehr nuclear power station built and operated by Russia.

The US said it saw no "proliferation risk" from the plant, though Israel condemned the move.

Sheesh! This Amadingaling never ceases to amaze with his self-contradictory statements.

Messenger of friendship and generosity, then a messenger of death. LMFAO! That puts kim jong il's craziness to shame.

It looks like if they bought an old V-1 rocket from WW2 and strapped similar era iron bombs on it. What's next, a new jet fighter with under-wing mounted jet engines like an me-262?

Why even mounted on a rack does it look so unstable in flight?

Imadinnerjacket looks more and more like an ass everyday.....he is even more funny than Dear Leader....

I think the real question is: "Who will make one of thoose for SF2: I?" :P

aww isn't that so cute!!!!

I think the real question is: "Who will make one of thoose for SF2: I?" :P

Good question

I would love to meet his speech writer or does the Jacketed one do his own Speeches... either way they contradict themselves... I am sure he's just confused... and as has been said makes The Dear Leader somedays appear normal... if thats possible

• Like 1

No landing gear shown...how does it land hmm?

It's a cruise missile with external fuel tanks, not a UCAV.

• Like 1

Also did you know that the average speed of the Iranian Navy is twice as fast as the USN...

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/139770.html

I wonder if thats in running away... laugh I almost fell out of my chair... :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

The USN doesn't have to move as fast because it never retreats! :grin: Not having the logistics and hospital ships the USN does, none of which are particularly speedy, certainly helps bring that number up. Likewise having many small ships does as well.

• Like 1

It's a target drone that wants to go with an extra BANG when it blows up!  :grin:

• Like 1

I can't see the need for UAVs in a country where hundreds of madrasah chicks are supposed to be happy with the idea of earning martyrdom by flying sacrified planes over Satan's Flak. Or is that just propaganda?

aww isn't that so cute!!!!

It wants to be a REAL bomber when it grows up. Like the B-1.

• Like 1

Also did you know that the average speed of the Iranian Navy is twice as fast as the USN...

http://www.presstv.i...ail/139770.html

I wonder if thats in running away... laugh I almost fell out of my chair... :rofl: :rofl:

US Destroyer says: "Some people say they can outrun me (sobbing), but i have yet to meet a ship that can outrun harpoons(smiles)"

Edited by macelena