Sign in to follow this  
Almaleki

Downloading

well i have some kinda a problem ,, i have bad internet ,,, it is fast but it stops for minutes and come back ,,

i was Downloding using DAP Resume not supported .. so then i disabled it and waited full day and download the file (which is 200mb part 1 of desert storm of SF1) the internet was good in minutes i finished 30mb but then it stoped a minute (i was downloading using Firefox browser) and i paused and resumed ,, and all what happened that it became 35kb and finished and i cant open it ..

i dont know what to do .. can anyone help on that ?

it is my third day trying to download the file and my one chance is over ... so i will wait another 24 hrz ,,

cheers

I hate posts like these because it's in my nature to do everything possible for folks. That said let's see what we can accomplish.

I checked the logs and your first step of removing the download manager / accelerator was absolutely spot on. Yesterday your download manager opened 6 connections to get one file that you ultimately didn't get and 6 of your available 8 downloads for the day were used in one failed attempt. After that I see that two single connections for two separate files occurred which leads me to believe that your download manager has been successfully switched off. Good job!

Your downloads will reset and with the download manager off you'll have your full downloads available for the day, you're spot on there too. We're doing good.

Next your connection. I'd call your provider unless your on some special setup for your township or village. Standardized cable and phone line connections can be remedied from having the type of signal loss where it just goes away. Usually this is caused by noise to signal ratio which causes your modem to go into a reset. This condition is most noticeable on large downloads or gaming where a constant connection is required. If that's not possible and a home remedy is needed try this first, put your internet modem first in line. This means that from the box where the connection is made outside you want a home-run or direct feed right to that box. From the line coming into that box from the provider you want only a single splitter which means their line goes on one side and your two lines going into the house will be 1. a primary home run right to your modem and 2. the other line used for TV's, phones, or whatever. This will eliminate any loss in signal generated in the house and within your setup which also minimizes connectors which can and do go bad. Make sure your cable connections look visibly ok and are not loose, also make sure the copper conductor is the right length, check the internet for a guide (too long or too short will cause problems). If you still have problems it's possible your signal may need a booster or is too high and needs a pad. Either of which a qualified tech should handle as they have the equipment to check line quality.

Hope that helps.

E

In regards to his connection it also may have to do with his geographic location. when i was in afghanistan i was fortunate enough to have internet. however a 3 MB download would take 35 minutes let alone if there was a interuption. it was just the nature of the beast there.

i get ONE SMALL file today, i cant download anything else??!! (i did reach the cap yesterday, but thats before i read this post and realized i could only get so much) - i hate bandwith limits,lol :grin:

I am in Iraq ,, i use WLAN .. wireless .. i will try today it looks like no interputions is there .. cheers