Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

Effects for missiles without rocketmotor

i´m working on some weapons for the buccaneer one of it is the sea eagle and i have some problems with it one of it is that we have only smoke and sound effects for missiles with a rocketmotor but we have some missiles in the game that no longer have a rocketmotor

- how can i add some engine sound to the missile i try to use some aircraft sound but it does not work

- what would be the correct setting for the sustainer acceleration to equal a speed of mach 0,85

- how can i add a bit of a smoke trail to the missile do i have to create a complete new effect for that ??? :dntknw:

before launch

after launch

I was working on effects of turbojet equipped missiles basically putting the smoke trail like one used for stock aircraft plus a bit of flame and black smoke at the start. But for the sound I don't really know if it works.

It seems to me that missile sound engine is related to soundlist.ini

Notice that many or all missiles using 'Missile.wav' file in Booster Sound Name entry and this sound is specified in soundlist.ini

Only the "BoosterSoundName" entry works reliably. Sustainer sounds and inflight sounds only work sporadically, if at all. As for the effect, you'll either need to point to an existing missile inflight effect, or create a new one.

And, in order to answer the acceleration question, you must supply at least one more piece of data. Acceleration cannot be determined from terminal velocity, alone.

alex can you give me this effect with and without the AB please , and did you get my pm regarding the buccaneer ???

Edited by ravenclaw_007