Sign in to follow this  
Dave

A General's Honor Restored

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_engagement

While I hate wikipedia for information, I thought this was great. I did some independent research on this years ago and still have no notes somewhere. I always thought he didnt do anything wrong and finally justice is served.

Another military officer sacrificed on the altar of political expediency and vivisected by the media based on partial and incorrect facts.

hmmm,

no intention to start a flame war, but ...

sure, Lavalle was a sort of scapegoat, Nixon, Laird & co. are to blame.

anyway: the (north-)vietnamese were defending their country, their independance and their freedom (as did the U.S. in it's own war of independence / revolution. so by any standard all of their actions were defensive by definition, whatever the methods of their defence were - radar, SAM, MiGs ...

the U.S. was the aggressor (as were the French, Japanese, British). like it or not.

once in a while this should be remembered.

sokol

hmmm,

anyway: the (north-)vietnamese were defending their country, their independance and their freedom (as did the U.S. in it's own war of independence / revolution. so by any standard all of their actions were defensive by definition, whatever the methods of their defence were - radar, SAM, MiGs ...

the U.S. was the aggressor (as were the French, Japanese, British). like it or not.

sokol

Good point.

I had a conversation the other day with a friend, about the difference between a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist (slightly off topic perhaps)...but although it was stated that the only difference was whose side you were on..it's more than that...and the boundaries are blurred.

Soldiers have a job to do..and that is, whatever their government tell them to do..same as it ever was.

I too want to steer away from Politics, but most people agree that Nixon was a nob-end

hmmm,

sokol

Not the debate here.....has nothing to do with who started what , where. That is a subject for another debate.