Sign in to follow this  
lindr2

Kazakhstan AF pictures

Powerfull air force, their officials say pilots fly 100hrs a year, that's very good...

Look like they are in pristine conditions, even the Floggers look like new, is this such a big airforce?

new bird Su-27UBM2 (Belarus made )... Litening-3, Sattelite ECM pod, LGR, EOGR, EOGB, LGB

18848_255069152_Su-27UBM2.JPG

Edited by lindr2

Look like they are in pristine conditions, even the Floggers look like new, is this such a big airforce?

2006-2008 (active planes only)

Su-24M tactical bomber (23) Zhetygen (149 BAP)

Su-24MR reconnaissance plane (12) Balkhash

Su-27C multi-purpose fighter (28) 604 th Air Base Taldokorgan 1 2

Su-27UB training fighter (6) 604 th Air Base Taldykorgan 1 2

MiG-29 multirole fighter (34) Zhetygen (715 IAP)

MiG-29UB training multipurpose fighter (5) Zhetygen (715 IAP)

MiG-31 interceptor (43) Karaganda (356 IAP),

MiG-25RB Recon (15) Balhash (39 RAP)

MiG-23UB / MiG-27K/M/D fighter-bomber (~100-120) 604-th air base Taldykorgan AFB

Su-25 attack plane (14) Shymkent

Su-25UB trainer attack (2) Shymkent

L-39S training and combat aircraft (20) Balkhash

total combat planes (~355)

MiG-27 in Kazakhstan...

from http://spotters.net.ua

0000014246_large.jpeg

0000014956_large.jpeg

0000015317_large.jpeg

Edited by lindr2

They look soooooo cute!!! and Floggers seem to be their main planes, since they have more that 100, thanks for Sharing Lindr2!!!

They look soooooo cute!!! and Floggers seem to be their main planes, since they have more that 100, thanks for Sharing Lindr2!!!

100 on airbase, but you can see another IAP statistic, pretty sure only ~ 50 active, others in storage (but i seen so much mig-27 pics on runway). Kazakhstan (like Lybia, Angola ect )use Ukrainian repair facilities for floggers techical support.

1d4d295ff4ce.jpg

37ddaaf06a88.jpg

f32aefa3500d.jpg

Edited by lindr2

Those are some great pictures. Thanks for posting them!

Their MiG-27s are like Jaguars or Tornados...they're ground attack with limited self-defense A2A abilities, not fighters. They have no radar!

43 MiG-31s...I wonder if they're in service still? That sounds like they'd be the largest operator of the 31 aside from Russia itself.

Nevertheless, they look so beautifully cared, and agree, those are beautiful picks, strange not even a lousy '21 even for training duties, and in working order...

Great pics for sure! :yikes:

Thanks for posting! :good:

Useful data and paint schemes for a future campaign displaying a potential regional conflict (the Mexican Republic of Kyrgyzstan is nearby).

thanks for sharing these great photos... :)

just a question.. is the helo a bell 212? or i'm seeing wrong? ^_^

Really nice pictures of these beautifull planes! Thanks lindr!

@Nesher... If you mean the pic on the second page of strizhi forum is a Bell 205 model. :smile:

• Like 1

@Nesher... If you mean the pic on the second page of strizhi forum is a Bell 205 model. :smile:

I was close enough :grin: , thanks for the answer :good:

So where is Borat?

drinks.gif

Amazing air force pics! Well done Kazakhstan!! Hopefully they won't be required to use their MiG-31s in the primary Interceptor role, i wonder if they'd have any use as high speed strike aircraft?

Edited by GwynO

Nevertheless, they look so beautifully cared, and agree, those are beautiful picks, strange not even a lousy '21 even for training duties, and in working order...

Personally I have always had a sweet spot for the "spiritual" descendant of what my father always proclaimed to be the "kind of second fastest jet aircraft of all time common production!" I'm glad to see the MiG-31 in usable conditions for the Kazakhstan Air Force. How the Hell can they afford them though??? blink.gifyikes.gifdrinks.gifWell it isn't like the're pointing their search and acquire radars at US so it;s all gravy! Salute.gifdrinks_drunk.gif

Edited by GwynO

How the Hell can they afford them though??? blink.gifyikes.gifdrinks.gif

Must've been an order mix up for somebody else :grin:

Kazakh didn't buy them, they inherited them. When the USSR broke up they were stationed there, and like most of the former Soviet republics they kept them. Some sold their planes on the market, some sold them back to Russia, but some like the Ukraine and Kazakhstan merely made them into their own air force.

The sticking point is maintenance. As long as Russia provided spares support at reasonable pricing they could keep using them. My feeling is that they did because of the importance of Baikonaur and the KAF has had no problems keeping their planes running well.

When the new facility, on Russian soil, is finally finished and the agreement with Kazakhstan over using Baikonaur expires, the dynamic might change. Right now, Russia is "over a barrel" with Baikonaur and has to do almost whatever Kazakh wants that isn't unreasonable, a situation I'm sure they're eager to change ASAP.

Edited by JediMaster