Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Non-Afterburner Effects

Hi All,

I have some pre-afterburner jets, predominately in my Korean War install. I noticied when I go to full throttle there's no effect whatsoever from the tail pipe. Much like the expression on my face when my girlfriend explained shopping strategies to me. :boredom:

I don't expect to see afterburner effects but I'm wondering if there's an effect for these jets?

I've searched the effects section and found lots of afterburner effects. I'm looking for a bit more than nothing but much less that afterburner fire. Maybe some heat waves and vapors with a touch of fire????

Anyone know of such a thing or how I can make this?

Thanks,

Geary

Hi All,

I have some pre-afterburner jets, predominately in my Korean War install. I noticied when I go to full throttle there's no effect whatsoever from the tail pipe. Much like the expression on my face when my girlfriend explained shopping strategies to me. :boredom:

I don't expect to see afterburner effects but I'm wondering if there's an effect for these jets?

I've searched the effects section and found lots of afterburner effects. I'm looking for a bit more than nothing but much less that afterburner fire. Maybe some heat waves and vapors with a touch of fire????

Thanks,

Geary

LOL

Hi All,

Thanks,

Geary

Use the YELLOW TGA file afterburner effect. It's the most less "expressive" I shall say. Or , if you have WOI, try to use the one used by F-16A or F-15 Baz. They are subtle. See the download section , it has to be somewhere there a pack with afterburner effects.

Geary,

I have already incorporated this, heat blur, 3D exhaust rumble and all, on several models, for an as yet unreleased mod. The key is adding a secondary engine, with either little or no thrust, that is equipped with an afterburner, and has the secondary effects linked to it.

Here's an example:

Now that is real nice... that undisclosed Mod is looking good from that one short film... Also quick question what sort of frame rate hit does it get ?

UllyB,

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try.

Fubar512,

I watched the teaser film and all I can say is WOW!! :yikes:

Any idea when this mod will be released?

Thanks,

Geary

Fubar512,

I watched the teaser film and all I can say is WOW!! :yikes:

Any idea when this mod will be released?

Thanks,

Geary

Geary,

I intend to use this on the Korean Air War add that we're working on. It allows one to simulate water-injection and high-blower settings on piston-engined aircraft, and water injection on jets.