Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

REVIEW: Armchairgeneral.com

Thanks to Richard Martin for his review on:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/over-flanders-fields-pc-game-review.htm

"...one of the best flying games I have ever experienced." It is a nearly perfect re-creation of the Great War.."

"..Highly recommended but be warned—it is also highly addictive!"

Armchairgeneral.com 91%

SWEET! Pol, this is great PR for all the outstanding work you folks have done on our favorite WWI flight sim. I hope there will be more kudos like this coming your way in the trades.

Drinks all around! :drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Outstanding write up... and its true OFF is addictive... and here I am with another 5 weeks of enforced none flying...

A pretty fair write up, I think. Is that a widely visited and well regarded website?

You surely deserve this welcoming good review, devs!

And to receive 91% positive points from a simmer magazine is a very high benchmark,

that OFF really deserves. This makes it a milestone in the area of flight sims.

Outstanding.....and very well deserved!!

:good:

Cheers,

Parky

Well done OBD. Another excellent review for BH&H. 91%. I'm glad it's still getting attention and the recognition it deserves, even if it's this far after launch. To me that actually speaks to the staying power of the sim. It's something that once it lands on your hard drive, doesn't come off. Is there really a bigger compliment any game or sim can have?

Now if only PC Gamer and some of the other big names in PC gaming and flight sims will take notice and provide a proper review as well. I think part of the problem is that they think the WWI flight sim audience is "too small of a niche" to be worth the pages of a review. In reality, I think if more people saw it (BH&H) put in front of their face, they'd see something that excited them and it would grow the audience considerably in a short period time.

At any rate, great review and a well deserved "at a boy" for OBD Software.

Hellshade

uncleal: now might be a good time to secure a back-up copy of CFS3, while it is still available

Good point, old chap! :good:

Yea, good review, well deserved and we all knew this is the best WWI sim out already. Maybe some of those unsure will now be convinced to buy OFF BHH :good:

But horrible screen shots.. is this guy still running some early video card? That's too bad, it's the only thing that sort of spoils it and can be miss leading to those who don't know OFF and how good the graphics actually are. Maybe we could supply them with a few good screen shots at decent resolution with aliasing to replace the ones he posted.. hint, hint? We've got so many outstanding shots from the sticky thread, it would be quite easy to replace those with some wow shots.

You're right there, RABU, and so I have written a comment to their review, with the

address to our "Screenshots" section. They will need to check my comment, before

it will get visible, and so I'm not sure if they allow another web address in there.

But it's worth a try.

You're right there, RABU, and so I have written a comment to their review, with the

address to our "Screenshots" section. They will need to check my comment, before

it will get visible, and so I'm not sure if they allow another web address in there.

But it's worth a try.

Same here. Praised their recognition of BHaH, and mentioned other sources for screenshots. Awaiting acceptance by the moderators.

Guest British_eh

Outstanding!

Good on you mates. "It's getting better all the time, getting so much .....better" Sir Paul McCartney :)

Cheers,

British_eh

But it's worth a try.

Good on you, Olham, BD, the more people who respond to them the more likely they are to fix things. In fact, the more I think about this the more important I think that we all get involved and put some pressure on them. He stated that OFF has "amazing graphics" then posts screen shots that look like they were on a par with old Red Baron 3d shots.. not good. Any one not knowing is going to think it looks horrible. Lets all get behind OFF and make the effort to let them know.. what do you all think?

Send an email to contact03 (at) armchairgeneral.com Be appreciative for the excellent write up, but express your dismay at the quality of the screenshots and let them know that this is really going to hurt the image of OFF and that we have screenshots and videos, of high quality available for them free. Those will enhance thier article as well.

Hope you guys all jump on this and help out. :salute:

And.. you can also make a comment at the bottom of his article, that would be a good idea too.

Edited by rabu

as I said elsewhere I did ask already if the screenshots could be changed to some on better higher settings but we'll see.

as I said elsewhere I did ask already if the screenshots could be changed to some on better higher settings but we'll see.

I know you did, Pol, and that's great, but one person isn't usually going to do it, it will probably take a lot of comments to impress them that it really is a problem and something should be done, I'm sure you're aware of that.

After leaving a review on their website and sending a personel email, I just got this from Gerald Swick. They changed the screenshots and they are much better then before.

Thanks, Gerald, for your quick response, I know all of us here appreciate it.

"Looking at other screenshots, we agree your comments are well-founded. The reviewer had a friend provide a half-dozen new screenshots, which I've used to replace the original ones. We also used one of the new images to replace one we had on the marquee. Please check it out.

OFF sounds like a fantastic game. I hope it does very well for you.

Sincerely,

Gerald SwickSenior Online EditorWeider History Group"

Check it out now at their website, click here.

After leaving a review on their website and sending a personel email, I just got this from Gerald Swick. They changed the screenshots and they are much better then before.

Thanks, Gerald, for your quick response, I know all of us here appreciate it.

"Looking at other screenshots, we agree your comments are well-founded. The reviewer had a friend provide a half-dozen new screenshots, which I've used to replace the original ones. We also used one of the new images to replace one we had on the marquee. Please check it out.

OFF sounds like a fantastic game. I hope it does very well for you.

Sincerely,

Gerald SwickSenior Online EditorWeider History Group"

Check it out now at their website, click here.

Well done Rabu! Good show. :salute:

Hellshade

Good they reacted so quick to our comments, Rabu.

I have added some info about the instruments/HUD, Labels and messages in another comment,

and I have added our forum address here. Hope the admins there won't mind and let it in.

Well done again and at least they listened which was nice as sometimes they don't listen... Must admit I add my 2 pence worth about 20 minutes ago... bit late I know but its the thought that counts... as when I viewed it a when it came out I must say I was disappointed with the screenshots and as they say a Picture tells a 1000 words... :drinks:

Thanks for helping Rabu and guys public opinion helps.