Sign in to follow this  
nbryant

Another type of headgear

anybody tried it yet? is it more cpu or gpu demanding than on normal screen? what's the native resolution? looks awesome. but pricey of course :dntknw:

Here's a pic to demonstrate it's field of view.

wondering how you're supposed to do keystrokes while having those glasses on :dntknw: .

anyway. looks awesome. but there's no trackir built in, so you'll have a big virtual screen in front of your eyes, but moving your head doesn't do anything, does it?

The device costs something like 350,- Dollar, if I remember right.

Wearing glasses and beeing rather non-wealthy, I will stay with TrackIR

and just buy me a wider 22" monitor.

I wear Glasses...and went to see a 3D film a while ago...the Glasses provided where just like large sunglasses...luckily, I just put them on over my glasses (Glad it was dark, cos I probably looked a right twat!)...worked fine.

I would love a pair of these..they sound great!

WoW!!! Hold on!!! So this thing *theoretically allows you to look around your virtual Cockpit/Sky and.. what does a simple tilt gesture of the head do>? Does it Zoom In or Out?? This could be revolutionary! If this is as Good as I Think it Is, then I need one! ,..... Waiting 'till someone with the mags to spare affords to try/review it here! drinks.gifyikes.gifSalute.gif

I've been keeping and eye on head-mounted displays (pun not originally intended but kept) for three years or so. And back as far as 1998, when I bought my first computer and first started playing Red Baron 3D, I realized a hmd keeping the center of the monitor directly in front of your face, coupled with a 1-1 head-tracking system, would provide the closest feeling to 'being there' possible.

Here's a link to a site that's been on my favorites list for a lo-o-o-ong time. I've even posted this before (in one of the multi-monitor threads, I believe). The resolution and field of view has increased dramatically since I fist started looking at them and this one is absolutely insane. Too bad it probably costs as much as my house and car combined...keep buying those Powerball tickets, I guess. I think some of them come with or can interface with inertial tracking systems, which might provide the 1-1 movement ratio that Track IR's reflector system can't, which would really seal the deal.