Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

Multiplayer only

My effort towards a Allied bomber with a decent bomb loadout capacity and a bombsight.

Available to the "Early Birds" multiplayer squadron for use in OFF ver1.47 only.

Royal Aircraft Factory FE2d

57 Squadron RFC December 1916 in France

Rolls Royce Eagle V12 engine with 250hp (to replace the Beardmore 160hp)

Bomb loadout capacity of 500 lbs plus

331f221.jpg

Edited by Winston DoRight

I think I've figured out why some of the a/c don't work properly in MP. I've managed to repair the Sopwith Triplane 2 Gun and it tested sucessfully in a session with Vasco and Red-Dog. Tonight I worked over the Nieuport 17 Lewis and will be testing it tomorrow. I'll be working on some of the others soon and hopefully by the time everybody is ready for fall and winter MP sessions, we'll have a few more a/c to choose from. These are for MP only. The original versions all work fine in single player but are invisible in MP.

Edited by Winston DoRight

I think I've figured out why some of the a/c don't work properly in MP. I've managed to repair the Sopwith Triplane 2 Gun and it tested sucessfully in a session with Vasco and Red-Dog. Tonight I worked over the Nieuport 17 Lewis and will be testing it tomorrow. I'll be working on some of the others soon and hopefully by the time everybody is ready for fall and winter MP sessions, we'll have a few more a/c to choose from. These are for MP only. The original versions all work fine in single player but are invisible in MP.

well done indeed....

pd

Today I successfully fixed the Nieuport 17 Lewis and the Nieuport 24 Lewis. Tomorrow I'm doing the last one, the Nieuport 24 Bis Lewis. If it works then we will have all of the aircraft available in multiplayer and mission builder.

WAY TO GO WINSTON GLAD SOEMBY BESIDE MYSELF EVER CARED ENOUGH ABOUT MP SIDE OF OFF TO TRY AND FIX THINGS

Today I successfully fixed the Nieuport 17 Lewis and the Nieuport 24 Lewis. Tomorrow I'm doing the last one, the Nieuport 24 Bis Lewis. If it works then we will have all of the aircraft available in multiplayer and mission builder.

What are the changes you're making?

What are the changes you're making?

I'm making standalone aircraft from the defective ones. Remember the ones that are defective in multiplayer still work properly in single player so we don't want to mess with the original files.

It seems that the "Long Name" , and/or "Model Name" in the .xdp files have too many characters. This has been known to cause problems in the regular CFS3 game and expansions too. I'm making standalones with shorter names and they now can been seen in multiplayer. Simple as that, but the solution had eluded us for so long.

I'm making standalone aircraft from the defective ones. Remember the ones that are defective in multiplayer still work properly in single player so we don't want to mess with the original files.

It seems that the "Long Name" , and/or "Model Name" in the .xdp files have too many characters. This has been known to cause problems in the regular CFS3 game and expansions too. I'm making standalones with shorter names and they now can been seen in multiplayer. Simple as that, but the solution had eluded us for so long.

Oh right, I remember something about that now.

I was wondering only because back in the day we had MP-friendly Nieuports that had tons of ammo to make up for lag and make MP more playable. I am a realism fanatic, but frankly liked the ammo load increase because in MP it can be so much harder with lag figured in.

I was hoping something like that would come to HITR MP efforts-- especially in planes we didn't use before like N11, 24 and Spads.

Edited by SirMike1983

Rather than modify the a/c to unrealistically carry extra ammo, we've opted to use the standard ammo loadouts but switch on "STRONGEST" gun settings on the host computer. This compensates a bit for the lag issues and the fact that the enemy is harder to bring down for all players that are not the host. Sure the host now has super guns and will get more kills than most of us, but al least now the other players can damage something! With the host on "NORMAL" or "STRONG" guns, the players have to put extra shots into the enemy to bring him down. Go figure.

Rather than modify the a/c to unrealistically carry extra ammo, we've opted to use the standard ammo loadouts but switch on "STRONGEST" gun settings on the host computer. This compensates a bit for the lag issues and the fact that the enemy is harder to bring down for all players that are not the host. Sure the host now has super guns and will get more kills than most of us, but al least now the other players can damage something! With the host on "NORMAL" or "STRONG" guns, the players have to put extra shots into the enemy to bring him down. Go figure.

That will likely help. It probably is the best way to go. When you start fooling around with large numbers of aircraft and adding new ones you get mismatches. The single biggest issue 60 had was mismatched plane warnings. It seemed to come up for various people.

Edited by SirMike1983

OK, the last a/c the Nieuport 24 Bis Lewis is fixed for multiplayer use. We now have all the flyable a/c available to use in MP that are in the game (and more). If anyone finds another that has problems in MP just let me know and I'll have a look at it.

He would never put the STUMP out of a job,just that we needed some one to do the work you were doing till you came back. Lets call it a temporary position.Anyway stump if the Dev's did some work on MP then you both would be redundant but one thing i you can be sure of is THAT WON'T HAPPEN.Hope to see you in the skies soon.

always around never gone ill be up soon with the vasco and wonston campains soon