Sign in to follow this  
Mothman

The R.O.A. in the islands

I was just wondering if there's a possibility to include in the game (maybe only in the mission descriptions) the work of the argentinian R.O.A. It means "Red de Observadores del Aire" or "Air Observation Network". It consisted a group of Air Force pilots with pilot training but no planes to fly. They were scattered in small teams all over the islands. A team normally consisting of a couple of guys (the pilot and a Air Force trooper, i think), whose mission was to scout the air and report contacts. I presume that they were mostly tracking enemy helicopter activity over the islands, although maybe Harriers too. I have not much info on it, but i seem to recall that they detected all the air paths the britsh choppers were using to fly troops to Mount Kent. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the helicopter hunting missions performed by the Pucara were the result of their work and maybe it would be cool to include them in the game, either in the mission descriptions or in the communications during missions.

It's just an idea to explore.

Edited by Mothman

but i seem to recall that they detected all the air paths the britsh choppers were using to fly troops to Mount Kent. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the helicopter hunting missions performed by the Pucara were the result of their work and maybe it would be cool to include them in the game, either in the mission descriptions or in the communications during missions.

Indeed it's a good idea to research in this topic and see if they really had an impact in the air war that followed.