Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

RIP Xbox 360

Well, my Xbox 360 just kicked the bucket a few minutes ago. :sad: That thing has been with me through Iraq. For the abuse it went through, it held up quite well. The warranty has already expired, so I don't know if I should send it in for repairs, or go out and get a new Xbox. Anyways, I'll be missing some MW2 time untill I can find a solution to this problem... which probably won't take too long.

Edited by serverandenforcer

MW2......just gotta love that classic game! My advice, buy a new XBox, repair will most likely cost much more than a new one.

Phillip :flyer:

I have a question re:-XBox please?

The one thing I have never liked about Consoles..is the Controlers!...I hate them, after 30 mins of gameplay, my thumb is agony!

Is it possible to use a Mouse and Keyboard? (probably a daft question..but still)

Gamestop has a trade in deal, they gave me a good amount for my old one. might give them a call.

I have a 360 and never use it. I do all my MW2 on the pc. Get a copy SD and come play that with us. Also get bad company 2. Play with a great bunch of guys there too.

Sorry to hear bout your box man.... that sux i just went through that not long ago...I also say get a new one then add me as a friend :) flyingchipmunk0

Well, just got the newer xbox... the one thats slimmer. Paid the extra $100.00 for the 250 Gb drive. For those who have an xbox and want to add me on to their friends list, my gamers tag is Dfndr 452.

No mouse/kb support for Xbox, no. It has been proven to many people's satisfaction that people using them will beat the gamepad players every time from playing cross-platform titles like Shadowgrounds.

That's why I don't have any FPS games like CoD for my 360, just 3rd person stuff, racing (with my wheel), and flying...although I admit I find flying with the gamepad hard.

No mouse/kb support for Xbox, no. It has been proven to many people's satisfaction that people using them will beat the gamepad players every time from playing cross-platform titles like Shadowgrounds.

A top gamepad player wouldn't have a chance against a low average keyboard/mouse player. That's the reason why there aren't more cross-platform titles.

X-Box whoosies!

LONG LIVE THE PC!! :good:

I prefer the PC even though I have a PS3 and love it and never have had one single Problem with it! I just find the PC easier and alot more friendly when it comes to the Gaming community...Plus I hate getting into the "My console is better than yourS!!!!" whining match that is in great abundance around the world

I prefer the PC even though I have a PS3 and love it and never have had one single Problem with it! I just find the PC easier and alot more friendly when it comes to the Gaming community...Plus I hate getting into the "My console is better than yourS!!!!" whining match that is in great abundance around the world

http://mythos.warcry...Console-Rundown

Long live the glorious PC gaming master race! :drinks:

pcgamingmasterracebycla.jpg

Eh, I've never really been fond of PC FPS games. The mouse just doesn't feel right to me as oppose to using a game pad. Oh, I know that a mediocre mouse user will hand my rear to me if I used a game pad... but for me, a game pad is a lot more comfortable and manageable to use. The next thing I need to get is a PS3 though. Free online gaming... way better than Xbox Live's $50.00 annual fee.

I have tried the Xboxes granted for driving games they are hard to beat but give me a PC anyday for Flight Sims they cannot be beaten...

Eh, I've never really been fond of PC FPS games. The mouse just doesn't feel right to me as oppose to using a game pad. Oh, I know that a mediocre mouse user will hand my rear to me if I used a game pad... but for me, a game pad is a lot more comfortable and manageable to use. The next thing I need to get is a PS3 though. Free online gaming... way better than Xbox Live's $50.00 annual fee.

Of course, I'm just kidding you serverandenforcer. :grin:

Considering I was playing FPS games before gamepads were invented or they were on consoles, it feels perfectly natural to me! I just don't see how you can aim properly without aim assist (which is unnecessary with a mouse). The entire range of motion on a gamepad is represented by a thumbstick with a fixed range of motion of less than 1". You can move a mouse as much or as little as you want and adjust the sensitivity on the fly.

While I admit the left stick is a little easier than WASD on a keyboard, as soon as I start hitting the other keys (like running and jumping at the same time) the gamepad becomes more "thinking" about it while on the kb I just do it.