Sign in to follow this  
DanW

SF2 expansion 2 teaser and mission editor teaser

Work in progress. Please don't give TK any grief. :) Things are subject to change but a little preview can't hurt. I can't answer any questions. Just enjoy.

post-38-002504700 1283028017.jpg

post-38-078535300 1283028033.jpg

post-38-044179000 1283028055.jpg

post-38-062963800 1283028073.jpg

post-38-094504600 1283028123.jpg

post-38-040597000 1283028137.jpg

• Like 1

A MISSION EDITOR!!! :yikes::swoon:

All these long years...finally... :grandpa:

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou :ty:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Edited by pcpilot

Wooooooooot!!!!!

OMG after so many years, finally we will get mission editor! :yikes:

yessssssssss! and several lighting variants to boot. :clapping:

Suberb !...just what's needed to kick start my intrest again.

And a pretty slick looking one to boot!

Awesome!!!

FC

I efinitely want to make antiship and anti-air missions over Northern german islands as shown above. I need to take time off from work for this release!

Good thing I'm sitting down as I read this!yikes.gifgrin.giflol.gifgood.gif

Holy cow, I've just spilled a cup of mead on my t-shirt :yikes: . In flight refueling's next :grin:

Edited by SFP1Ace

OMG wasnt execting that - the first major tangible game change in many a year!

excellent ... looks a lot like the old FA mission editor ... this is gonna be superb! Can't wait to figure out how it works

(now, if we could only get briefing texts...hehehehehehhe)

wrench

kevin stein

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now that SF2 will have a mission editor that I can set up everything like in other sims, I don't think I will ever bother playing another flight simulator!

:drinks::drinks:

OMG wasnt execting that - the first major tangible game change in many a year!

While the mission editor is a very big deal to me, there have been "major tangible game changes" with almost every release.

WoI had some major changes that impacted gameplay greatly - AI fixes and addition of terrain effects on radar and missiles.

The SF2 series took the ball from WoI and added accurate variants of major flyable aircraft covering equipment carried, exterior 3d models, and best of all, accurate unique 3d cockpits reflecting all of these variants. I won't necessarily be using a mission editor every time I play, but I see the cockpit interior almost 100% of the time I am playing. If I had to pick between the two, I would have chosen the cockpits given that mission files are only text files and two user made editors already exist.

Again, I am very excited about the idea of the stock game having a built in editor, but my perspective on where it ranks versus other "major tangible game changes" is just a bit different than yours.

Once the mission editor is debugged and working well, the game will be missing only one major component compared to Jane's Fighters Anthology: multiplayer. Unfortunately, TK has made it all too clear that his current business model will never be able to afford it, and as long as he is doing well, why should he take the risk of changing his business model to support a very small niche market. The closing of Fighter Ace leaves only Warbirds and Aces High 2 as the only MMOG which are dedicated flight sims. Aces High still has a very strong user base that just grew a bit with the addition of some Fighter Ace veterans, but Warbirds has a dwindling community. It wouldn't surprise me if Warbirds shut down completely any given month. As the flight sims shut down, World of Warcraft continues to rake in money at an amazing rate. I wish the flight sim community could attract that kind of user base. Then, the games would be doing much better. However, ArmA 2, Steel Beasts Pro PE, and the Black Shark DCS series have given me hope that the type of games I want will continue to exist via funding for real military simulators.

Land base?

Double boo-yeah!

I almost always divert to the nearest base to the front, as I like to take off, and land on most missions, if real life gives

me the time.

To have the hand-off, approach and landing instructions there is gonna be very nice.

I've not tinkered with the 3rd party, out of the sim ones, so look forward to an in-game editor...

:good:

Awesome!!

I like that mission editor a lot.

Here's a question - will the home base selection allow for a carrier?

:grin:

Can't wait for the ME! Hope you can switch between land and carrier bases!!