Been doing some experimentation with my Gundata settings and I'm finding it hard to decide which to stick with; flying over AAA with either time fuzed rounds or tracer. Both are pretty deadly to be sure. I've flown through flak clouds and had damage from flak explosion shrapnel - but I also had my left wing blown off earlier by a 100mm KS-19 using tracer rounds.

They're also both spectacular to look at and really add to the combat environment, so since I can't use both simultaneously I'd just like to know the preferences of other members ...........

Can't you do both by using a specific year end date.

For example: up thru 1985 use Flak burst. Post 1985 use tracers.

I will say I did find 57mm AAA shells west of Lutafiyah, Iraq in 2005.

No. Guns can only be one or the other.

Personally, I'd keep it "real". Anything 23mm or less is 'hard ball shot', anything over, time/altitude fuzed explosive. (naval guns not withstanding)

wrench

kevin stein

I create two versions of the same weapon, for anything under 85 mm. One sports guns set to time fused (flak), the other to ballistic fire (tracer). It looks quite impressive over the SEA terrain during the late 60s & early 70s.

Well.. take a look at eburger WOV gold or SF2V version of his mod... you will se that from 37mm they have 2 weapons per barrel, one with tracer and one that use time fuse and they fire both at the same time.

Well.. take a look at eburger WOV gold or SF2V version of his mod... you will se that from 37mm they have 2 weapons per barrel, one with tracer and one that use time fuse and they fire both at the same time.

:good: A great idea with the likes of the ZSU-57 but with single barreled guns I think I'll create two versions using different ammunition types, for example there'll be the bog standard KS-60 using time fuzed rounds and a KS-60T version using tracer.