Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

The Flying Circus

If I wanted to fly with "The Flying Circus", which German squadron would I select? I thought it was JG 1 however I don't see that listed on the list of available squadrons to choose from. Any advice, gentleman?

Hellshade

If I wanted to fly with "The Flying Circus", which German squadron would I select? I thought it was JG 1 however I don't see that listed on the list of available squadrons to choose from. Any advice, gentleman?

Hellshade

Hellshade,

MVR flew in Jasta 11, but JG 1 that you mentioned was actually a wing comprised of Jastas 4, 6, 10 and 11.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

As Rugbyfan already said, JG 1 (Jagdgruppe 1 - fighter group 1) was formed in June 1917

and consisted of Jasta 4, Jasta 6, Jasta 10 and Jasta 11.

MvR flew with Jasta 11, which was the most colourful Staffel.

You could join Jasta 11, as soon as they are based in Brayelles, flying the D.III early.

Then you won't miss "Bloody April", a successful time for the German pilots.

To browse through the countless and wonderful skins OBD's skinners made, you could

download the free program "Irfanview" - you will be amazed by all the variety!

Just a small correction: JG 1 stands for Jagdgeschwader, not Jagdgruppe. Germans also had Jagdgruppen, which had the acronym JGr. These Gruppen were smaller and not as independent as the JG's, and were used more locally than the bigger JG's that moved a lot in response to the situation at the front.

The French had their Groupes, which were formations of several Escadrilles, and the British their wings and brigades. It would be great if in the future versions of OFF we'd actually see these formations in action over the front, supporting each other and fighting together. :cool:

My mistake - I meant "Jagdgeschwader", but my puzzled brain....

Thank you all, gentleman.

I have started work on the "Combat Diary of a JG1 Pilot". I started in late December, 1917 and the very first Campaign mission had so much action in it I had to splice it up into 2 seperate videos (and that was after cutting it down to just the combat alone!). Sorry, no voice acting in either of them. I'll just let the videos do the talking for our unknown pilot hero. Sort of a "silent documentary", if you will. I am uploading them now so hopefully by morning I'll be able to post them both. I hope you enjoy the series and, God willing, our unknown pilot hero will live for more than a week. I'll post every sortie he flies that sees combat.

Hellshade