Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

offical DX9 is out

Run, run fast long and hard as you can away fron DX9 :o

BirdDogg

Guest Ranger332

why soon it will be standered now that all the bata work is done :thumbup:

Yeah, but right now as with most things new, there have been reported issues.

BirdDogg

No problems yet on my system.

WinXP Pro with an ATI Radeon 8500.

Some one posted problems over at SimHq, can't remember the exact forum or thread though. Maybe its safe? but I'll hold off until I get a program that requires it.

BTW = By The Way (for Ranger) :D do any of you notice any improvements?

BirdDogg

I haven't seen any improvements that are that great. As a matter of fact, the only one I've noticed is that I can leave the sound at full acceleration for all of my games. (I used to have to turn it to basic for all except SF:P1)

1.4 Athlon

512 PC-2100 DDR

Radeon 8500

SB X-Gamer 5.1

I installed DX9 beta, vast improvements. Went to DX9 full, and it seemed like something was lost in the translation. Still better than 8 though.

FS2002 is a bit smoother, and my AA is more stable than with DX8. Haven't run Strike Fighter with it yet though. Tonite, I need to slay some baddies. Will post my impressions then.

just loaded the DX90_Redist.exe onto my system and it worked fine.

Picked up a few more FPS (10-15) in all my games - cfs2, cfs3, sfp1, il2.

no problems found yet.....

intel P4, 1.4ghtz, 512 megmem,

19" monitor, ti4200 (128) graphics card.

savagkc

Just installed DX9. I am now able to run JF-15 under Glide. CFS2 looks better. No noticble change in JF-18. No probs so far.

Athlon 1.33 o/c to 1.53

IWILL KK266R

V5500

XP Pro

Ok, I'm pretty sure that it is a bit smoother. Not a lot but it is better. Now to get the sensitivity on my joystick set properly. Way to touchy. It's an Logitech Wingman Force 3D. I've played with the sliders but nothing seems to be working.

I also figured out the AIM-7's, whew, did a lot of forum searching and figured it out. Also, figured out how to kill MIG 17's with the F-4. That MIG sure can turn. But the F-4 is faster in a climb, so I just extended, switched to the AIM-7, about 6nm in front of him, Immelmann and get a good lock and fire. Sure kill every time. Woohoo.

Jim

Rogue...thats the way to do it.The F-4 was never designed as a true dog fighter..it was designed as a missile platform.The Phantom can climb with the best of them,and once you learn it it's hard to beat.The main thing is don't get lured into a turn fight.

Guest Ranger332

WAS AMONG THE FIRST TO UPLOAD THE 9 B ONLY PROB WAS THE TIME EXPIRED AND FOR 2MO HADE TO TRICK MY PUTER TO RUN RIGHT(MOVED THE DATE BACK TO BEFOR THE DUE DATE).

but never had any probs at max rez. thje DX9 completed runs smoother.

and the only way to turn with a mig full flaps brakes on nose down the pop nose up fire a burst. but best is "slash n dash" dive in fox and close wit guns pass climb go bout 4-6nm away turn burn get lock wit 7 pop leader get wing wit guns and move it if yoou missed one repet till comnplet.

Prior to figuring out my MIG 17 problem (they were shooting me down), I was watching and the AI is using the spoilers to tighten up the turn. It would throttle back, hit the spoilers and as the nose came around (very quickly I might add) he'd hit the burners and goose it.

Was absolutely no way the F4 was gonna last too long, I was ok keeping him from killing me, but my hand would get tired and I'd goof and he'd get a couple rounds off and slowly eat me up.

But now that I learned I can climb and accelerate away from him, he's dog meat. :lol:

Guest Ranger332

In that caes I roll away and burn it out the way oppisite thier turn

but seems were off track now

If you do, there is no going back (well except with a new install). I've had good success with it. No failures at all. My sims are smoother and there seems to be a frame rate improvement in FS2002. Strike Fighters is definitely smoother after than before. Graphics quality is the same. I have new drivers for my video card waiting to be installed, hopefully they will correct the last of my AA problems in FS2002.

My machine:

AMD XP1900+

512mb

ATI Radeon 8500 64mb

Catalyst 2 drivers

WinXP Pro

Thinking about getting a 9700 but haven't as I've heard to many folks have problems with it.

Jim