Sign in to follow this  
Trespasser

Mandumi Airbase

Heya, simple question but for the life of me I can't contact the tower at Mandumi and it's driving me nuts. Is there a proper channel as i hate having to divert there and getting the "next time get a clearance" from the tower! I've got the Falcon 4.0 original manual which has Mandumi at 73x, the F4 AF kneeboard has it at 83x, then the F4 AF PDF manual has it as 001y and I've found others on the web. I've tried them all and no matter what the bastard in the tower never talks to me. I just want to be loved is that so wrong LOL. :blink:

Seriously i hate it when i can't do a proper landing and get yelled at. What am I missing? Any help as to how to get clearance at Mandumi would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Trespasser

Heya, simple question but for the life of me I can't contact the tower at Mandumi and it's driving me nuts. Is there a proper channel as i hate having to divert there and getting the "next time get a clearance" from the tower! I've got the Falcon 4.0 original manual which has Mandumi at 73x, the F4 AF kneeboard has it at 83x, then the F4 AF PDF manual has it as 001y and I've found others on the web. I've tried them all and no matter what the bastard in the tower never talks to me. I just want to be loved is that so wrong LOL. :blink:

Seriously i hate it when i can't do a proper landing and get yelled at. What am I missing? Any help as to how to get clearance at Mandumi would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Trespasser

Is it Just Mandumi Tower you can't talk to or is it all alternative fields?

It took me a long time to figure out how to change the TACAN channel. you have to use the ICP. By pressing the T-ILS button (1) you can then enter the TACAN channel of your desired airfield.

After a few test flight I noticed that Mandumi has its Chl field messed up on the knee board. It looks like it should be 083X, but its not. I set up a mission departing from there and my ils was set to 1. not 001 or 010, but just 1. Maybe try that. Push the T-ILS button, then hit 1 enter. (1,1,enter) see what that does.

Is it Just Mandumi Tower you can't talk to or is it all alternative fields?

It took me a long time to figure out how to change the TACAN channel. you have to use the ICP. By pressing the T-ILS button (1) you can then enter the TACAN channel of your desired airfield.

After a few test flight I noticed that Mandumi has its Chl field messed up on the knee board. It looks like it should be 083X, but its not. I set up a mission departing from there and my ils was set to 1. not 001 or 010, but just 1. Maybe try that. Push the T-ILS button, then hit 1 enter. (1,1,enter) see what that does.

Heya Mizuez, ta for the response.

I've been using the backup system mostly as I'm trying to simulate a viper with limited avioincs etc.. For instance i loaded training 10 and changed the GPS coordinates for steerpoint 5 to KIMPO (083x) instead of landing at KUNSAN. Flew to KIMPO and then went radial 20 degress for 31 miles and ended up over Mandumi. Just mentioning this as I've been a long time Falcon flier, but have forgotten A LOT of stuff, but I do remember some stuff. Anyhoo as you mentioned the kneeboard mentions 83x as the TACAN for both Mandumi and KIMPO. If I have it set to 83x and I'm outside of the 30 mile range from KIMPO I can land at Mandumi (but with no conversation from Mandumi tower) however when i do land I don't get yelled at for not waiting for clearance etc if I'm on the 83x. Now the AF manual does have Mandumi at 1Y?? WEIRD, but I can try using the ICP with Iy and see if it works. The only prob is as I mentioned, I'm trying to simulate a Divert Field experience where I might not have access to the ICP and DED in which case I have to use the backup and it seems no matter what channel i put into the backup TACAN (left console) and no matter what band Y or X, I just can't get anyone from Mandumi's tower to speak to me. It's sooo Infuriating lol. I haven't even tried the airstrips yet hehehe

I'll try a TE with a take off from mandumi, and fiddle as you mention above. But did you ever get full conversations from Mandumi's tower without it being your start base?

Edited by Trespasser

BAH! can't get it to work in 'backup' mode. if I make a small TE that starts from Mandumi and I use UFC then I'm ok, but if I switch to backup mode there's no love... so If i get dinged with AA and have to divert to Mandumi the only way I can see landing without gettin yelled at is to set backup TACAN to KIMPO's 083x. It's weird but it works. LAME.

Heya Mizuez, ta for the response.

I've been using the backup system mostly as I'm trying to simulate a viper with limited avioincs etc.. For instance i loaded training 10 and changed the GPS coordinates for steerpoint 5 to KIMPO (083x) instead of landing at KUNSAN. Flew to KIMPO and then went radial 20 degress for 31 miles and ended up over Mandumi. Just mentioning this as I've been a long time Falcon flier, but have forgotten A LOT of stuff, but I do remember some stuff. Anyhoo as you mentioned the kneeboard mentions 83x as the TACAN for both Mandumi and KIMPO. If I have it set to 83x and I'm outside of the 30 mile range from KIMPO I can land at Mandumi (but with no conversation from Mandumi tower) however when i do land I don't get yelled at for not waiting for clearance etc if I'm on the 83x. Now the AF manual does have Mandumi at 1Y?? WEIRD, but I can try using the ICP with Iy and see if it works. The only prob is as I mentioned, I'm trying to simulate a Divert Field experience where I might not have access to the ICP and DED in which case I have to use the backup and it seems no matter what channel i put into the backup TACAN (left console) and no matter what band Y or X, I just can't get anyone from Mandumi's tower to speak to me. It's sooo Infuriating lol. I haven't even tried the airstrips yet hehehe

I'll try a TE with a take off from mandumi, and fiddle as you mention above. But did you ever get full conversations from Mandumi's tower without it being your start base?

In the test flights I've done i started at Kimpo and when i tried to get clearance for take off and i got Mandumi saying line up on runway 20, yet Kimpo only has runway 14 R and L I will experiment more with 001Y Tacan. The DED said i was on channel 1 so maybe setting Tacan to 001Y will get Mandumi. I will let you know what i figure out.

Sorry, Still no luck with 001Y. i will continue trying to figure this out and ill let you know what i come up with.