Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

Just a little question about the F-104

I was just noticing as I re install WOV for about the 3rd time in the last six years as my computer took a crash, as I was re-adding the F-104C and D, that it only has 2 missile stations. I did some research, and It looks like this is accurate. Well, I noticed that the original SFP1 F-104G has the 2 belly stations, but everywhere I look I dont see any F-104 having the double belly stations until the F-104S. Does anyone kn ow for sure which model was the first with the centerline AIM-9 stations?

Thanks

Kelly

the G Zipper had provisions for fuselage pylons though not all users (esp the Luftwaffe) used them

They have always had the ability however wasn't used often because of the missile seeker heads would get beat up on take off.

Thanks guys, glad to be back I havent had internet in awhile due to a very nasty divorce

the G Zipper had provisions for fuselage pylons though not all users (esp the Luftwaffe) used them

The F 104 G equiped Leeuwarden interceptor squadrons of the KLu used them very often. In fact the standard QRA configuration was 2 tiptanks and the fuselage mounted double AIM9-J.(though indeed the position is exposed to FOD damage just behind the nose wheel:blink: )

The tactical squadrons used the centerline station for the practice bomb / rocket launcher and the recce squadron mounted the Orpheus pod on the centerline.

Hou doe,:grin:

Derk

Edited by Derk