File Submitter: HoneyFox

File Submitted: 01 September 2010

File Updated: 01 September 2010

File Category: Fictional Aircraft, Experimental and UAV's

J-20A Lurking Dragon

==================================================

Fictional 5th Generation Air Superior Fighter

By Insky Group

This mod is for SF1 Series. It should also work in SF2 Series but haven't tested it.

The Insky Group and the mod creators own the copyright of this mod, no commercial-use of any part of this mod is permitted.

If you have any question, you can also get to Strike Fighter forum in Insky BBS and post your questions.

Model: jv447

FM/Avionics Adjustment: HoneyFox

Cockpit Model: From F-22A Raptor mod by Raptor Team

Weapon Model: jv447

Weapon Data: HoneyFox

J-20A Aircraft, PL-13 Weapon Model/Data, English-version and Chinese-version of Readme documents are included.

A bug I forgot to change:

Open J-20_DATA.INI and search for [MissileBayInner] sector, change "AttachmentPosition002" and "AttachmentPosition003" to "AttachmentPosition001" and "AttachmentPosition002", then save it.  :grin:

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

Spinners, this thing needs your care

LOL, no thanks. I'm a Cold War dinosaur. I have knocked up a simple SF2 conversion of the PL-13 missile however and it should be in the 'Single Ordnance' section.

Guest rscsjsuso5

thank you

Fine jet, flies well, looks great.

I will, however, have to convert it to the Lavi-2, like I made the Lavi for the J-10.

I, too, am an old Cold Warrior, I cannot lie...

someone solved the problem with the canards(reverse movement)? plissssssss*

Yes, but had to give up the auto trimming to achieve it.

Guest HoneyFox

someone solved the problem with the canards(reverse movement)? plissssssss*

:scratch: I don't get it. my J-20A flies with no problem with its canards.

what do you mean reverse movement? could you post a small screenshot so that i can understand what you mean?

The canards are set so that at high AOA these canards will turn downwards to limit the AOA from keep increasing and turn upwards when the plane has a negative AOA. Without considering its movement according to the AOA, the canard will turn up an angle when you pull back your joystick and vice versa. (You can test this when you are standing still on the runway before take-off.) In additions, the canards will turn upwards for a certain angle when the flap is extended and turns downwards.

Edited by HoneyFox
  • Like 1

Guest HoneyFox

Yes, but had to give up the auto trimming to achieve it.

No, i don't think the auto-trim is the cause of the problem.

Auto-trim will generate pitch control to the plane that's for sure. but this is nothing about the reverse moment of the canards i think.

Edited by HoneyFox

No, i don't think the auto-trim is the cause of the problem.

Auto-trim will generate pitch control to the plane that's for sure. but this is nothing about the reverse moment of the canards i think.

HoneyFox, canards work fine in the way you explained the logic of their movement. Sometimes when both auto trim and pitch control work at the same time, there is the impression that canards work in the oposite direction.

For my personal use, I did not really "fix a problem", but made a simple adjustment, that changed the way canards work and has the effect that fake is looking for.

Great job of your team! Congratulations! :drinks:

Guest HoneyFox

HoneyFox, canards work fine in the way you explained the logic of their movement. Sometimes when both auto trim and pitch control work at the same time, there is the impression that canards work in the oposite direction.

For my personal use, I did not really "fix a problem", but made a simple adjustment, that changed the way canards work and has the effect that fake is looking for.

Great job of your team! Congratulations! :drinks:

:laugh: Thanks a lot for your information. Or i may keep worrying about the problem.

Yes, i did set a big value for the auto-trim, maybe too big. In SF game engine, auto trim is very slow and sometimes cannot response correctly to the fierce changes of plane's maneuvers. maybe a decrease in auto-trim limit will relief the problem.

Guest commie911

Fine jet, flies well, looks great.

I will, however, have to convert it to the Lavi-2, like I made the Lavi for the J-10.

I, too, am an old Cold Warrior, I cannot lie...

Lavi 2...

Have you started yet?:dntknw:

• Dislike 1