Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Out of Action

Well gents, it looks like my flight time will be curtailed for the next 6-8 weeks.

I was out cycling this evening and ran into or over something - I never figured out what, and wound up having a bloody horrendous crash, right over the handlebars. As it turns out, I managed to fracture my right wrist, which means my OFF time will likely be grounded until I'm healed. Even typing doesn't feel great but as a grad student trying to finish my MA degree on time, I might not have much of a say on that one.

*Salute!* Guys! *winces...ow*

Edited by _CaptSopwith

Well gents, it looks like my flight time will be curtailed for the next 6-8 weeks.

I was out cycling this evening and ran into or over something - I never figured out what, and wound up having a bloody horrendous crash, right over the handlebars. As it turns out, I managed to fracture my right wrist, which means my OFF time will likely be grounded until I'm healed. Even typing doesn't feel great but as a grad student trying to finish my MA degree on time, I might not have much of a say on that one.

*Salute!* Guys! *winces...ow*

Best of luck with a speedy recovery sir. :salute:

Hellshade

You'll get that degree and that wrist and all back in order in good time. A speedy recovery and best wishes

I know such "rodeo accidents"; I've had a few with my fast bicycle. Not that bad though;

but you could have broken your neck or head, and so I think, your guardian angel did the

best he could. I wish you perfect healing. and that you still get that degree!

I once broke a leg bone in a cycling accident. A dangerous hobby - it's much safer to sit inside your house and play OFF. :cool:

I wish you a speedy recovery, and good luck with the MA thesis.

I add my wishes for a quick recovery as well, CaptSopwith. Take care Sir.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'd type more but... you know. ;)

Edited by _CaptSopwith

I also once broke my right wrist playing football.

It didn't stop me playing snooker more than 2 weeks.

A quick recovery Captain.

Hope you feel better soon mate!... I'm sure Nurse Ethel will keep you going in the First Aid tent! :good:

:oops::crutch:

Good thing you didn't break both arms--you can still drink :drinks:

Get well soon and good luck with your school work.

What happens, if they send him Nurse Gladys?

Evel Knievel was very popular when I was a kid. I once jumped two VW Beetles on a Schwinn Stingray and, like Mr. Knievel, I had my share of "accidents" but never broke a bone. I guess I was lucky. Hope you heal fast Capt and remember that your degree is worth a little pain! Good luck!

Thanks guys! The Evil Knievel video really made me fell better! ;)

The wrist is feeling a bit better. Tried flying with the splint but not much luck. I'm using a Sidewinder 2 with the twist rudder... so turn fighting in a Camel is a painful proposition. Racing in rFactor proved slightly better lol.

I can already hear the call for rudder pedals now. Donations can be made via PM. :lol:

What happens, if they send him Nurse Gladys?

Nurse Gladys is fully occupied keeping the P4 dev team's morale high... errr... yep... thats it.

WM

sorry to hear that you're hor de combat Capt Sopwith,

Its a real nuisance when you break your wrist like that, I remember when i broke my scaphoid bone in my wrist when i came off my bike

( that was in the eighties) - it took 6 weeks to heal shok.gif

Get well soon sir!

TonyO.