Sign in to follow this  
Old Diego

AH-1G Cobra textures

I'm at a point in my uv mapping/texture routine where I need a few ideas. I have made the basic texture and now I'm looking for texture ideas. I have plans to make the three-color camo for the NETT "Virginia Rose II", an early Playboys and a C/7/1 Cav bird What about a Spanish Navy Z-14? I'm making them 2048 DDS for detail and will include normal maps.

This is the work in progress of C/7/1 Cavalry bird out of Muc Hoa 1969.

wip1sep2010.jpg

• Like 1

The spanish blue skin would be cool indeed!

As for more ideas, the Osprey AH-1G Units in Combat book should have the most accurate profiles

If you include an Israeli skin I'm sold (although I'll get it anyway for a WOV install). As far as I can tell the Israeli AH-Gs (and they only had a few because they really wanted, and got, the AH-1Q TOW-armed version) were painted in standard US olive drab with markings in black. The later versions got the desert tan we are more familiar with.

If you include an Israeli skin I'm sold (although I'll get it anyway for a WOV install). As far as I can tell the Israeli AH-Gs (and they only had a few because they really wanted, and got, the AH-1Q TOW-armed version) were painted in standard US olive drab with markings in black. The later versions got the desert tan we are more familiar with.

All I can find on the Israeli Gs is that they were really Qs???? If you can get me more info or better yet some period images, I'll make it and include it.

Howzabout a US Air Force one?

No, it never happened, but it should have!

:yes:

Those are all nice, X Ray. I'll be doing the 2/20 ARA for sure and the 4th Cav Centaurs. Here is a wip of the day. I'm still working on some details to get right for USA 1.

wip4sep2010.jpg

Edited by Old Diego

Diego. Need decals still?

I'll get back with you on that. I'm finding that there is some wild variety in the tail numbers. Unless you are up for the challenge, I can't ask you to make them all. Here is what I found so far, the tail numbers vary from your basic five number (15xxx) in all back, the 15 in black with xxx in yellow, the 15 in black with the xxx in white and just the xxx showing in white or yellow. If you're down, you can go for it. If not, I can do it. Did you say that you have the tail numbers? I have them but not all the details.

What was the font? I can do them in however way they are supposed to be done.

Diego send me the details and I will knock them out quick. I just made 30 A-26 decals in 7 mins for the Mig Alley mod.

Found this in my modelling box:

IAFCobras.jpg

Hope it's useful.

Check your pm - the stencils are in Hebrew.

Edited by allenjb42

Diego

Check Pm.

I have to wonder if they removed all the stencils and replaced them with Hebrew or if they just wiped them all out and only added the numbers, roundel and unit insignia???

wip5sep2010.jpg