Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Pics to demonstrate Creaghorn's Tracers

Here is a tabloid of pics I just made to demonstrate Creaghorn's tracers.

Although they look large, when you see them from close on (like the direct wing hit in the Camel),

they are rather tiny and not very long, when you see them from your gun sight.

I recommend them to all of you, who want it more realistic.

They make killing enemy planes much harder, and you won't be able to grow unbelieveable kill rates.

This is a great little mod, I really like it. It has a couple of unadvertised advantages, in that you can see the trajectory of the bullet easily and you can also see bullets flying past you from behind.

Beard

Hi,

I have two questions to which I need answers before I plumb both this and the sound modification file from Creaghorn into my OFF rig - first, are both historically accurate? Second, if I put them into my OFF, will it cause any problems with multiplayer? If it's 100% OK on both these, then I'll have 'em. If not, I'm afraid I'll have to decline.

Hi,

I have two questions to which I need answers before I plumb both this and the sound modification file from Creaghorn into my OFF rig - first, are both historically accurate? Second, if I put them into my OFF, will it cause any problems with multiplayer? If it's 100% OK on both these, then I'll have 'em. If not, I'm afraid I'll have to decline.

for your first question i can only say "ouch", because everybody who knows me, knows that i want to have it as historically accurate and as realistic as possible.

all used engine-sounds are from the apropriate engines of real AC. however, not all AC are covered yet. 2 or 3 still have custom engine sounds.

for the bullet mod, there are 3 versions, you can choose which one you like. i use it dependable of what period of war my campaign is.

version without visible bullets and smoke:

definitely historically accurate and realistic to have ordinary bullets without visible projectiles or smoketrail. or have you ever shot a rifle or gun and watched the bullet travel?

version with white smoketrail:

the one olham showed here. JFM sent me pictures with berthold, shooting smoketrail bullets, and they were my model. the version here is a bit limited due my lack of programming ability, but definitely more historically accurate than the custom version. i would like to have the smoke having a little longer lifetime and fading away. that's the only thing i didn't manage to do to make it more historically correct.

the tracer version is definitely more historically correct and definitely more realistic and my favorite.

before you were throwing balls at the enemy. when i got shot at i was thinking battingpractice. with this version they look like real tracer bullets.

btw. your first question is answered already in the description of the downloadable files.

about your second question, i can't say anything. winstondoright wrote recently that multiplayers are happy about the soundmod, so you might ask him.

Hi Creaghorn,

No offence intended old chap! If you're happy that the tracers are historically accurate, then I've no reason not to use them, assuming Winston or whoever can confirm their suitability for MP.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Creaghorn,

No offence intended old chap! If you're happy that the tracers are historically accurate, then I've no reason not to use them, assuming Winston or whoever can confirm their suitability for MP.

Thanks,

Simon

nevermind old chap. just wanted to make sure that anything i do is with the intention to make it more realistic and more historically accurate :drinks:

I don't know much about MP, but I once had a conversation with Madmatt (who has uploaded the

"Essential Multiplayer Files for OFF"), and he said, all graphic settings should be the same on

each MP system of the players. So I think, if you want to use the new tracers, you should all use

them, to avoid complications.

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

Yes, Tracers are historically correct. I am unable to remember the exact time frame, but I do remember that the British generally used a combination of 3 bullets, in a repeating series. A tracer, an incendiary , and a round, to break whatever it hit.

What is your setup Creaghorn?

Cheers,

British_eh

Hi,

Hi Si, i know Vasco tried the mod and it mucked up some of is settings mission builder, you will be better speaking to him.The sound mods worked great though.Keep up the good work Creaghorn....

Edited by Red-Dog

Hi RD,

I'll do just that - I'm certainly looking forward to the sound mods...

cheers,

Si