Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

Maps, Flares and Missions

Just a few minor points that cropped up during missions, if anyone could please clarify:

1). I've read that F7 is for 'Maps in cockpit'. Would this be just a multiplayer thing? I don't get anything happening but I wondered if I was supposed to have some maps loaded somewhere.

2). I have tried the flares loadout but don't seem to be able to do anything with them. Do they only work in particular missions?

3). My current pilot completed 5 missions, which showed in his Flight Log. The In Service details stated he had completed 10. I think that the difference is those missions cut short to enable daughters'/wife's homework and such. I edited his xml file to read 5 and this worked. Having completed his 6th mission the In Service details now gives the total as 11. is there any way I can edit the file so the Flight Log and In Service missions tally?

Thanks

Hi Wayfarer, the only key i use for maps is the M key,I belive this is the default.

The flairs don't do antything just look pretty unless your flying online,Now we use them for signaling like you should.

Hi Wayfarer, the only key i use for maps is the M key,I belive this is the default.

The flairs don't do antything just look pretty unless your flying online,Now we use them for signaling like you should.

Thanks Red Dog. How do you get the flares to do anything - even just look pretty - I can't seem to activate them.

Wayfarer all you need to do is make sure you have the flairs onboard by selecting them in loadout.Then if your using the key board press back space to select them and then enter to drop.

Wayfarer all you need to do is make sure you have the flairs onboard by selecting them in loadout.Then if your using the key board press back space to select them and then enter to drop.

Red-Dog. I think it was something to do with the time period. I'm usually flying a BE2 in February 1915. I tried with a 11/2 Strutter in 1917 and they worked fine. Definitely pretty!

Thanks

Also the flares are colorful signals when you're flying your DH2. Ranging for the field artillary. There's never been an offensive use for the flares, other than attempts to start Forest Fires

The ( F7 ) Maps, are mostly a leftover from Phase II, but I belive there's one British Aircraft which still features them. Otherwise 'M' gives a rough Idea of direction

( F5 ) offers among other things a working compass.

And six Stickys down in the knowledge base offer some excellent D/L Maps.

Good maps and a working compass . . . who needs 'M' ?

As far as editting files to make things look proper . . . do as you wish, it's yours . . . but it's not advised

Thanks UncleAl.

My main concern with the flares not working was that it might have been indicative of OFF not having installed correctly.

In addition to the 'M' map and the D/Ls I have some maps from the old 'Flying Corps' game. They're pretty good but limited in area and, of course, the front lines aren't always in the same place.

And you can bet I only venture to edit files after much reading up on these forums!