Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

Question about Flak in WOV

Probably a dumb question, but I used to have YAP 1 and it had awesome low level flak that fired fast and followed the aircraft. Is there anywhere I can just get this flak?

yeah-WOV gold(or SF2 gold I'm assuming); My campaigns dont last more than 3 flights and I fly the Vigilante.

Yes thank you fellas, Downloaded it and I have never seen a better game. Dead serious It sent chills up my spine the terrain the flak, its as close as I will ever get to flying combat over Vietnam. Thanks to the Makers!!!

The WOV GOLD Flak is especially terrifying! Going low and slow in certain areas is certain death.

Go fast and low is still a certain death on some areas. Close to Hanoi i was trying to get under the radar after several SA-2 fired at me, i was on a F-4D going full afterburner, around 700knts 100 ft, tons of s**t were raining upsidedown on me until a single 57mm got me right into the left wing, i didnt even had time to swear, i crashed instantly. Also if you fly below 20.000 ft at low speeds there is a high chance that a big gun will get you or your wingman.

I must say any strike mission during Linebacker I or II is just nuts.

Go fast and low is still a certain death on some areas. Close to Hanoi i was trying to get under the radar after several SA-2 fired at me, i was on a F-4D going full afterburner, around 700knts 100 ft, tons of s**t were raining upsidedown on me until a single 57mm got me right into the left wing, i didnt even had time to swear, i crashed instantly. Also if you fly below 20.000 ft at low speeds there is a high chance that a big gun will get you or your wingman.

I must say any strike mission during Linebacker I or II is just nuts.

I've only gone Downtown twice since my comp can't handle the framerates and so it makes for a less than stellar experience up North. Luckily in a Thud and F-111, i managed to get out intact. Where i really have a lot of time is down in the lower RPs from Vihn to the DMZ and over Laos. 99.9 percent of the times was in a SPAD and i'm quite certain that flying over most areas on a frequent basis in suicidal in any other aircraft. The damage the squadrons' planes suffered and yet still managed to get back to base was awe inspiring.

In any other plane we would have been wiped out in short order by the hellacious flak storms the WOV GOLD dishes up.

I really cant think of any other air combat simulator that makes me feel that busy........ Thats why its my favorite, its not just playing a game, its alot of learning history too.

Must admit the Flak is amazing especially when rolling in with an A-4 and you see all the tracer coming your way does make it interesting do you dodge and risk messing up your attack or do you just go to hell with it and stay on target... normally its stay on target but sometimes you end up with a few holes in the jet... its a 50 50 chance either way of making it or getting toasted...

Must admit the Flak is amazing especially when rolling in with an A-4 and you see all the tracer coming your way does make it interesting do you dodge and risk messing up your attack or do you just go to hell with it and stay on target... normally its stay on target but sometimes you end up with a few holes in the jet... its a 50 50 chance either way of making it or getting toasted...

Agree. eburger took it to a whole new level when he added those tracers to the Flak guns. Really reminds of scenes from Flight of the Intruder.

Can I ask a dumb question and ask where in the downloads is WOV gold? What version of WOV does it work for?