Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Su-27 showing up as 29 in F16 TWS

As the title states the Su-27 shows up as a Mig-29 symbol in the TWS. This is for NF4+ with the latest patch. Is it supposed be like this, limitations in the game engine? If not is there a way to fix it. I am no .ini guru. Ive tried looking trough the .ini files but i have no clue what to look for.

Thanx

Also, some MiG-21 and MiG-23 Variants share the same Jaybird radar, and both appear on TEWS recievers as "21"

Yep,

That's when you investigate your intel situation so you can know when ya got some especially capable baddies out there.

It's no fun to assume you have -29s out there and are getting ready to fight a close range battle after the first 2 radar missiles, only to realize that you can expect 6 more to fly at ya!

So it's not realistic prior to 1993 or thereabouts, right?

Pardon me for asking but why 1993? Did NATO got their hands on MiG and Su radars back then? A spy defected to US? I'm also assuming that before NATO couldn't tell the difference (RWR wise) between N001 & N019 due to their similarity (N001 being developed from N019), is that right? Thanks!

Pardon me for asking but why 1993? Did NATO got their hands on MiG and Su radars back then? A spy defected to US? I'm also assuming that before NATO couldn't tell the difference (RWR wise) between N001 & N019 due to their similarity (N001 being developed from N019), is that right? Thanks!

Both MiG-29 and Su-27 radars were modified after 1990-1993. Alexander Suyev defected with a '29 in 1989, and Adolf Tolkachev provided the CIA with data on the NO19 until his capture in 1985.

Oh, I see . Thanks for the intel, comrade ;)