This may have been brought up before, but I was searching through the download section for SF2, and I was wondering why it isn't set up in the same way that the files for the Series 1 games are, with aircraft broken up into sections such as Soviet, USAF, USN, etc. The search function works okay, but could the SF2 add-on aircraft be arranged in the same way as those for the SF1 games? I mean I realize that the SF2 series aircraft add-on section doesn't have as many files as the SF1 series does, but wouldn't it make sense to organize it in a way that makes files easier to find.....browsing through 24 pages can take quite a lot of time.

Perhaps there is a reason it is not laid out that way, but I just thought I'd at least ask the question.

There aren't nearly as many aircraft and we haven't had the time.

FC

Sensible question, realistic answer.

IMHO I don't think they (SF1/SF2) should have seperated in the first place. It just seems to perpetuate the myth that there is a magic barrier that prevents stuff working between SF1 and SF2.

Spinner I quote you on that. there is no barrier. Just some simple modding to do to downgrade or upgrade.

Also some mods that are issued on double verions are available only in the SF2 area.

It is not a big deal thoguh. It Simplifies life for the not-so-hardcore downloaders, that can go straight to their sims of reference, without wondering if they will have to mod or not

We advanced users will browse long time both section anyways, let's face it.

On the other hand I figured out a batch converter of unicode to ascii. converts with one click as many files as you want. if someone is interested I might upload

I see your point Spinners but respectfully disagree.

This may have been brought up before, but I was searching through the download section for SF2, and I was wondering why it isn't set up in the same way that the files for the Series 1 games are, with aircraft broken up into sections such as Soviet, USAF, USN, etc. The search function works okay, but could the SF2 add-on aircraft be arranged in the same way as those for the SF1 games? I mean I realize that the SF2 series aircraft add-on section doesn't have as many files as the SF1 series does, but wouldn't it make sense to organize it in a way that makes files easier to find.....browsing through 24 pages can take quite a lot of time.

Perhaps there is a reason it is not laid out that way, but I just thought I'd at least ask the question.

When we get a lot more files I will change it that way but until then I'm going to leave it that way. Its a lot of work either way so I would rather do it when we have a good bit more files.

I see your point Spinners but respectfully disagree.

Are you feeling alright Dave?:rofl:

Are you feeling alright Dave?:rofl:

:lol:

The reason I disagree is because the old series is getting harder to find and when someone new comes around they are more than likely to get SF2. So I think they would naturally gravitate to the SF2 section. Am I making any sense?

Sorry Dave, my post above yours comes under the category of 'British sense of humour'. Carry on.

Sorry Dave, my post above yours comes under the category of 'British sense of humour'. Carry on.

Oh I understood, but I also thought you deserved an explanation.