Sign in to follow this  
joif

Basic Mod Requests

Hi Guys, first off this game has the best and most talented modding community I have ever seen, I'm looking for two basic mods which would make my game experience alot more enjoyable. I have tried searching in the appropriate file sections but couldnt find anything similar, firstly Is there a line you can edit in one of the .ini's to get rid of the basic flight information in the bottom left? I like to have the radar blip for BVR combat so have to keep it on normal, but I also like navigating and landing off instruments to keep the immersion, secondly is there anyway to get rid of the view pan limit? I can barely see passed my 7-5 o'clock which can make tracking targets visually very difficult. Thanks in advanced :)

Put this in your flight folder and let me know what you think? As far as the pan limits go, I am not sure how to do that.

HUDDATA.zip

Pan limits are set in the individual cockpit.ini files, by adjusting the MaxYaw and MinYaw values.

Thanks guys that works great, I looked in that file myself but couldnt find the exact line to edit, getting a good balance of simulation now. Any chance you can also de-restrict the 6DOF for TrackIR users?

Edited by joif

Anyone managed to optimize the terrain fully? I get 60fps all the time except when low flying in the cockpits, makes ground pounding a PITA. My computer more than enough passes the requirements btw..

Anyone managed to optimize the terrain fully? I get 60fps all the time except when low flying in the cockpits, makes ground pounding a PITA. My computer more than enough passes the requirements btw..

What is your terrain distance set at? I have a monster computer but I dont find it necessary for the terrain engine to render terrain over 100 miles away, so I keep my setting on Normal and it give me great frames rates.

Set the shadows to low or medium for a start - then maybe tone down ground objects

Heres my options,

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1920

DisplayHeight=1080

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.777778

AntiAliasing=0

UseAdvancedShaders=1

ForceDX9=FALSE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=1

DetailLevel=3

ObjectDetail=3

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=3

TerrainDetail=1

TerrainTexture=3

HorizonDistance=2

GroundObjectDensity=1

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=0

Also using the default flightdata.ini

I forgot to ask what are your system specs?

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/5/2010, 15:35:43

Machine name: JOIF-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 2467MB used, 4183MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_040110B0&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1904 MB

Dedicated Memory: 497 MB

Shared Memory: 1407 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: HP 2310

Monitor Id: HWP288E

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5896 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.5896

DDI Version: 10

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2010 23:37:00, 9818728 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4551-11CF-0864-0D241CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0611

SubSys ID: 0x040110B0

I would try setting the terrain distance Normal and see if that works, your system seems to have the horse power.

I would try setting the terrain distance Normal and see if that works, your system seems to have the horse power.

He's a bit on the low side, regarding brute processing power. The series requires at least 3.0 ghz to run with most of the eye candy ramped to high or max.

Also, a video card 1024 MB frame buffer yields upwards of a 10% improvement in frame rates at altitude, and at least a 30% improvement when flying down down low. A card with only a 512 MB buffer makes up for the deficit by using up something on the order of 260 MB of system memory as a frame buffer. This not only reduces the amount of system memory available for other game functions, but also sucks up additional CPU cycles whenever there's a call to perform the aforementioned buffering.

I performed an experiment a little over a year ago to prove this, and posted my findings: http://combatace.com/topic/45249-resource-utilization-lomac-vs-sf2e/page__p__323153__hl__512+mb+video__fromsearch__1#entry323153

Interesting Read, Very suprised to hear my specs arent quite enough to get the most out of this game engine. I've tweaked about with the settings and managed to get it to 45fps on runway and low level flying which easily flyable. Is there a thread with the "Must have" mods? Although I'm really enjoying the game at the moment, I wouldnt complain at some awesome new sounds :)

Well there are so many great mods out there, but IMHO "must have" for 2nd gen series surely include:

SF2 - Piecemeal's Desert3 terrain plus enhanced campaigns for it;

SF2:Vietnam - Air & Ground Expansion Pack;

SF2:Europe - NF4+ & Stary's terrain repaint;

SF2:Israel - 1948 War For Independence & Stary's terrain repaint;

and that's just the tip of an iceberg, enjoy!

P.S. I forgot to add - there's also Korean Air War mod in the works ATM, the team is aiming to relase it around Christmas, it might get delayed though if needs polishing. Let me tell you this - judgeing by the screenshots posted it's gonna blow yer mind and IMHO the quality will at least equal TW stuff...Go and check out the thread: http://combatace.com/topic/58773-mig-alley-update-thread/

Edited by SFP1Ace

Any idea on derestricting TrackIR 5DOF? also to stop the "weapon selected" or "radar mode selected" messages down the bottom?

What kind of de-restriction do you have in mind? I think, the TrackIr (5 in my case) works quite well... It "resembles the pilots strapped-into-the-seat-view", TK once stated...

What kind of de-restriction do you have in mind? I think, the TrackIr (5 in my case) works quite well... It "resembles the pilots strapped-into-the-seat-view", TK once stated...

Fair enough atleast its deliberate, just thought It would be awesome to be allowed some abit more room so you can pan your head around your seat so you could get a clearer view of your tail, or get a better viewing position when your on runway/carrier approach.

Hum, I never much missed that...... I always regarded it "the way it is"....