Sign in to follow this  
tranquillo

OT - my latest model

Hey, what a cute little aircraft! Good job, tranquillo!

You should get lots of plans for both, I assume.

But if you ask me: I would always prefer the Albatros. The most beautiful of the German birst.

You should get lots of plans for both, I assume.

But if you ask me: I would always prefer the Albatros. The most beautiful of the German birst.

Less wings to build than the DR1 as well:grin:.

Well done, nice neat looking model. Good workmanship.

Speedski

Nicely done, What scale is she ? and what power plant did you use ?

She's about 1/6 scale, 55" wingspan that's 1400mm, and has a Saito 45 special 4 stroke which pulls her along just about right.

She's about 1/6 scale, 55" wingspan that's 1400mm, and has a Saito 45 special 4 stroke which pulls her along just about right.

Very nice crate! But I imaging it's a bitch cleaning the castor oil off all the fuselage struts and wires, eh? That's what always stopped me from building a skeletal plane like that.

Very nice crate! But I imaging it's a bitch cleaning the castor oil off all the fuselage struts and wires, eh? That's what always stopped me from building a skeletal plane like that.

Thanks, BH.

I run it on synthetic only - no castor. Yes, I know, Saito recommend castor but it just gums everything up and stains as well. I use a 17% synthetic mix that lubes well and the engine idles perfectly. I know what you mean about cleaning and I was quite aware of what I was getting myself into but, whilst still oily, not much gets on the fuz at all rear of the covering. The exhaust exits straight down and seems to dissipate quite well. The undercarraige gets a fair bit though.

Nice one Tranquillo,

A very nice classical looking design - how long did it take you to build?

TonyO.

It took six months from start to maiden flight. The most time consuming was all the fuselage braces.

IMG_1138.jpg