Sign in to follow this  
bdoubled

Configuration override file missing

After installing the latest version of JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler, I can open OFF P3 but can't get to any campaigns, scenarios or QC. It keeps saying that my configuration override file is missing. I looked where it should be in my Windows XP profile, but the file is indeed missing. Anyone know how to fix short of completely uninstalling/reinstalling OFF & HITR?

Edited by bdoubled

Just curious, that's the first time I've ever heard of using JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. What is it, and what is its desired effect.

That wouldn't be used to replace the need for CFS3 would it ?

If yes, I thought the installation proceedure, was rather clear and specific ?

The Mod Enabler is what Herr Propwasche requires for his DM mods (as explained in the 3rd party mods section of this forum):

"HPWDM2.2\aircraft folder with 477 individual aircraft folders and .xdp files

readme.txt

INSTALLATION: Important! This version of the damage mod is intended to be used only in conjunction with Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler and should not be installed UNLESS JSGME has already been installed into your CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields game folder. With JSGME, installation and use of this, or any mod, is very easy. Simply extract the contents of the HPWDM2.2 zip file into the MODS folder which is created when you install JSGME into OFF. The mod is correctly installed if you see the readme.txt and the following folder structure inside the MODS folder: HPWDM2.2\aircraft\Alb_DIII_AC1, etc. To load the mod, simply run JSGME, highlight the mod you wish to use, click on the top button, and then start your game. That's it!

NOTE: This mod may be used in QC battles AND the main campaign"

If you still have CFS 3 or MAW installed you can look for a copy of the configoverrides.xml in there (application data, etc). Copy and paste it into your OFF folder ( in the application data). I did this a while back and it worked. If not, someone can email a copy of it to you and you can use that to get back up and operating.

Beard

Hi, just saw your query.

I am unaware of any conflicts between JSGME and OFF. Still, OFF occasionaly "hiccups" and seems to lose track of a file or two, including the config overrides file. First, do as BB suggests and see if you can find a copy of the config overrides file. OFF stores two or three copies of several important files in different locations on your computer. The second thing to do is to restart OFF and go to Workshops and reconfigure your graphics settings. Don't worry, you don't have to actually change anything, just click on the graphics config button and then save your current settings and exit. Then see if the game works.

The third and last thing to do is to reinstall the game, which should take care of your problem.

Finally, I also wrote a batch file program that automatically stores a seperate copy of several important OFF files, including the config overrides file, on the main drive of your computer. When you get OFF running again the way you like it, run my batch file to copy the files so you can easily find them later without having to reinstall OFF.

You can get the backup program here: http://combatace.com/files/file/10890-offuserbackupfiles-program/