Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Worst 2 Winger landing

This is a little off subject but eye opening to the hazards of landing a 2 Wing Aircraft

Edited by carrick58

Discovery Channel, in association with TSN, Presents...

E*X*T*R*E*M*E C*O*W T*I*P*P*I*N*G!!!

and it's only available on...

PAY PER VIEW!!!

------------------

caution: content may not always involve cow tipping.

No credits for British pilots killing French cows - sorry, but you guys know the regulations!

Wow! Anything you can walk away from...... :)

I'm quite impressed with the Tiger Moth. Despite obviously having some sort of problem (engine?) requiring a forced landing right after takeoff, it came down with enough speed to roll a long way and then jump back up without stalling, ALMOST high enough to miss the cow. Plus, the plane appeared not to feel the impact at all, despite knocking the cow for a backflip. And at the end of the movie, when the plane turned a bit while stopping, you could see the wing shadows and they showed no damage. That's a SOLID wad of sticks and canvas there!. Forget SPADs, I'm flying a Tiger Moth :).

Also, did you see how, just after they hit the cow, the came within an RCH of hitting a telephone pole?

Strange coincidence: I saw in the news, that a Tiger Moth had a take-off accident

on an airshow here in Germany. The craft was about one meter off the ground,

when the right wing touched the runway, and the craft turned into the crowd and

killed a woman.

Strange coincidence: I saw in the news, that a Tiger Moth had a take-off accident

on an airshow here in Germany. The craft was about one meter off the ground,

when the right wing touched the runway, and the craft turned into the crowd and

killed a woman.

Yeah, damn shame. Hurt 30 or so other people, too. That was in my newspaper this morning.

There will be a generation coming that will never see an air show or aerobatic demonstration.

I found this one of a tiger moth at an Air Show,but I don't know if it is the one Herr Olham talked about. The aircraft took a header into the field. I remember hearing that a WWI Ace did the same thing . ?

Absolutely awful to see that, it does show the adage never turn back if the power fails in biplanes is true, but maybe he had no choice plus he had the wing walker so not the best chance to recover.

Clicked on the news paper account of the Tiger Moth. #$@% They are falling like fly's.