Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A Roland in Poland

It always strikes me, when I find something like this.

I hope, they will find people and money to re-buil the wings for this original aircraft.

Please click on the pictures at the bottom to see full size.

http://www.muzeumlot...z.php?ido=9&w=a

Edited by Olham

I've always liked the look of the Roland D.VI. If it had come into service a year earlier, it would be have been a great fighter, but in mid 1918 it was no longer anything special compared to the best fighters of the time. Still, it did see some service in a number of Jastas, so I hope we'll see it some day in OFF, along with the earlier Rolands.

I also hope they will some day repair that Roland at the museum. A rare piece of aviation history. Imagine all the things that piece of wood and metal has survived through!

Still, it did see some service in a number of Jastas, so I hope we'll see it some day in OFF, along with the earlier Rolands.

It will, Hasse Wind, one day it will.

I also hope they will some day repair that Roland at the museum. A rare piece of aviation history. Imagine all the things that piece of wood and metal has survived through!

Yes, I often think that, when I see a historical machine or ruin. That feeling must be, what the saying comes from:

if this thing could speak...

More pics of the same aircraft:

Isn't she beautiful? (My way to make the devs keep an eye on her - hint, hint!!)

Just found this website again, of Thomas Genth, with more detailed pictures of the Roland D.VI

(There are many other aircraft shown there too - see sidebar left).

http://www.thomasgenth.de/html/lfg_roland_d_vi.html

Edited by Olham

She is very pretty, though not quite as beautiful as Fräulein Albatros.

Hmm, maybe I should start posting pics of French two-seaters in various threads so that the devs would keep them also in mind in addition to all these less important planes, like the Snipe. :grin:

PS: a picture for an appetizer - it is beautiful, but may not be easy to build for OFF.