Sign in to follow this  
scary_pigeon

another movie (not really official!)

these movies are unnofficial:

Argentine skyhawk begins attack on a british frigate... happily the Bofor gunners having a cup of Tea. The pilot comes to his senses and decides he cant bomb the brits - so he decides to turn on his wingman dropping the bomb long of the target! what a guy!

http://www.fluffysteve.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/movie2b.avi

now this heroic argentine pilot really turns on his wingmate and shoots him down!

http://www.fluffysteve.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/movie3.avi

Edited by scary_pigeon

Argentine skyhawk begins attack on a british frigate... happily the Bofor gunners having a cup of Tea. The pilot comes to his senses and decides he cant bomb the brits - so he decides to turn on his wingman dropping the bomb long of the target! what a guy!

heheh nice videos Steve! I'd place then in the official site if not by your nonsense plot of british gunners taking a cup of tea. :)

Go and implement that naval gunners AI instead! It's top priority.

Btw, how is Track IR? Can you do a close-quarters dogfight video using Track IR ?

Also, it's desirable to implement that sun blinding effect as it plays a role in close-range turn fights, more important than guns vibrations IMHO.

the AI gunners have had an extended cup of tea. - infact, I've just got home from work so can only now start working on it.

Hi Scaery P.

The FM looks promissing :) The A-4 (poor wingy trying to form up) looks very velibable. Specially the spin of the damage skyhawk...

Are stalls and spind modeled into the FM ?

The headshake looks a bit over done to my humble opinión thow.

Man I love the Tracers ;).

And, are the videos a bit acelerated or is it me? That bombs seems to drop way to fast...

Thanks for the little sneak preview, :)

yes, you are correct, the headshake is a bit overdone. I will have to reduce that - its just a single number that is set too high.

If it is accelerated it is not intensional - I recording with fraps set at 30 fps - i only just downloaded it and its my first movie - perhaps if the fps is slower than 30fps - as fraps really seems to hurt fps in record mode - then in playback things will look oddly quick?

I thought it was okay though. in the movie the bomb takes about 3 seconds i think from release to hitting the water.

can do a little maths test:

height=1/2 a.t^2 = 1/2 x 9.98 x 3^2 = 44m

about 150 ft ? - visually in comparison to height of warship - does this look about right?

I was actually supprised to see the other guy spinning like that. at that moment I had changed a few FM paramaters so it was all a mystery tour of what would happen.

Steve, try to record in Fraps at 30 fps, but in Virtual Dub while encoding the video, set the frame rate to 25, this makes it slightly slower and gives a more correct feedback of what the game actually looks in motion.

Baco-Ecv56, yes deadly stalls and spins are modelled at the moment, problem is, they're just far too deadly. Stall and spins behavior will be given special attention soon. I've suggested that Steve should take a good look at JSBSim.

Edited by Dante-JT

Don´t get me wrong the video is GRATE. I asked about the sped of it to be alble to tel how it would look in gem ;).

Your math looks fine to me :)

About Spins and stalls, well in a Jet they should be deadlly. perhaps you should make it that its harder to enter a spin or stall, but if you do, it shuold not be easy to get out ogf them...

Remember that if airflow is disrupted you might even get a flame out. (for Mirages, Skyhawks, Macci and Super Etandarts..The Harriers shouldn´t have a problem with flameouts ;) ).

But hey this are just sugestions I am no expert in Fligh modeling and engine modeling.

Anyway I ant to congratulate for your superb job...

Man I am dying to fly this sim, I can´t een concentrate on anythin elses ;). Not even FB/AEP apeals to me any more after seeing your video :D :D :D :D :D

Please please if you are going to need external beta testers remember me :)

Edited by Baco-ECv56

a small note, the mass of the bomb doesnt affect the time it takes to hit the ground. Galileo was the first to point that out.