Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Installing maps

Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to install maps in SF2:I. I really want the formosa map by Gepard but still can't figure out how to install them. I have checked the KB many times and am still stumped.

Thanks,

liamp51

PS: Sorry for all the questions. :cool:

No worries. In your User/Thirdwire/SF2 Install directory, create a "Terrains" folder in that main SF2 directory, and plop the terrain in there. Then it'll show up.

So make the folder in this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Liam\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel

Thanks!

liamp51

Thanks so much guys! The Fermosa Map works great except for one thing...my airfields and taxiways are all white. Not a big deal but just wondering if it can be fixed.

Thanks!

liamp51

At a guess - I would say it needs objects that SF2I doesnt come with. What gamne was that terrain made for?

As is stated in 98.6% of ALL my terrain readmes, they're designed for the Desert, GermanyCE or VietnamSEA cats.

The ONLY terrain that you can use the IsraelME cat for, are terrains that are ONLY using IsrealME naming conventions. They are different (tile wise, and a lot of other smaller items are just plane missing -- like the desert airfields, their lods, bmps, tgas and inis), and the airfield are completly different.

Let me repeat that::: you do NOT use the IsrealME.cat for ANY terrain mod that was build with the desert or WoV/WoI/WoE terrain editors. You ONLY use the IsrealME.cat for terrains built FOR IsrealME (Gepards Afghanistan uses IME tiles, and iirc, naming conventions)

So, again: NEVER use the IME.cat for any add-on terrains. It just don't work.

btw, Gepards' Formosa is designed for use with the GermanyCE cat.

One could go through the types and targets inis, adding the ncesssary Isreal***airfields (lods, inis, tgas and bmps). BUT....Unless you fully understand terrain targets and types inis, use one of the Original 3 Terrains ™. If you DON'T have the originals (from SF2, SF2E and/or SF2V), you have to buy them.

wrench

kevin stein