Sign in to follow this  
HawkHums

Pilot Career

Im really impressed by the realism aspect of this future game!!

My question is about training and storyline: I would like to know if JT will follow the gaming trend to have Sea Harrier pilots flying

any aircraft in any mission/campaign.

Or try a realistic approach with a harrier type pilot training Harrier type missions and a MirageIII pilot training MirageIII.

I have yet to see a game that correctly follows a fighterpilots career were a Mirage pilot would only fly his designated

mission type.(who Im sure could fly other aircraft or be transferred to a squadron based with C-130 or something)

In other words will there be a campaign with both Mirage and A-4's available for selection in one mission.

JT has realism emphasized and it would be nice to see training missions for each type of aircraft.

Followed by campaigns for each i.e. As a A-4Q Skyhawk pilot in the Falklands/Malvinas war OR as a Mirage pilot.

Im not in the airforce or ever have been, but from what Ive read "1 Squadron" would fly only there type of sortie and was

wondering if this is a possible approach to the game.

Its just a suggestion, great job on this progect so far and Im looking foward to buying it.

I have yet to see a game that correctly follows a fighterpilots career were a Mirage pilot would only fly his designated

mission type

There's an old Amiga and less known flight sim called Jet Pilot, it was more or less what you described, following a fighter pilot career - there was not much combat apart from Dissimilar Air Combat training between british Lightnings and German F-104s (it was a English Electric Lightning / F-104 flight sim, graphics were spartan but it was hardcore to the bone, fantastic achievement for the low resources in the hardware it ran in).

We're still a bit far from starting to ponder about the career design issues, but we'll try to follow the Falcon 4 approach of signing a pilot to certain squadron and there he will follow his career correctly.

That sounds great!!

Ive read through most of this forum and the web page and might have just missed it, but when do you expect this project will be finished and on the shelves?

Ive read through most of this forum and the web page and might have just missed it, but when do you expect this project will be finished and on the shelves?

It will take a while, unfortunately. But on the other hand, I've been receiving proposals from publishing companies interested in acquiring the rights to publish Jet Thunder, so it's a good sign that there are still commercial companies interested in the flight sim genre. But we should procceed with a lot of care. My goal is to go as far as possible with our own resources, before signing with some publisher. Take for example other rescent flightsim about Cold War Era jets, where the publisher forced the product to the shelves way before it was ready... hurting it, the genre, and all parties involved.

Stuff the big boys !!

you people look like you know what you doing and doing a great job at it, even if you dont !! I suppose in the end youll have to go to a publisher ???

Anyway when you done with this project, in 1/2/3/4 years time, hows about a helicoper sim ? There is small country on the tip of Africa called South Africa which developed a chopper called the Rooivulk. I have worked on its Hums and could get more info through my contacts with the Denel group. Only reason is, its the only attack chopper that has'nt had a sim made about it. JUST KIDDING, RSA has only had one modern war and little air power was used !?!...hmmmm

Sorry just pretending I was the developer for a minute there.

On that note how about the crash affects, CFS2 had great thing like prop strikes and if the gear hit the landing platform they broke off. You could also land without your gear down and survive. It alway adds to the fun if due to combat damages the gear or other equipment wont work and drastic messures are put in place.

post-65-1091697532_thumb.jpg

Dante, Steve, just say no to UBIsoft....PLEASE.

Onlly accept if !C should put you under their wing. I onlly trust Oleg Maddox in that buch you know...