Hi guys,

TK said: Well, Exp 3 will depend on how things go, we're pushing it back to early next year to see how Exp 2 does. We originally had planned this to be another Europe addon set in early 50s (this inlcude Yak-9, and other planes for eventual Korean air war game we have planned long-term), but limited sales of Exp 1 means we might do another Exp plan instead. If Exp2 does far better than Exp1, then we might do another Europe expansion but set in another era (say in 70s, that may include Bucc and MIG-25, both as AI tho), or if to doesn't do too well, we might do more Mercenary expansion to basic SF2 with more fun planes We'll just have to see.

What do You think about?

With so many beautiful "real" planes still do do, I'ld not like any Merc / what if exp.

What about You?

Write your own opinion below or here http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7664&start=112 , please.

Paul :good:

There's no chance that that will happen so chillax* and enjoy the ride. Things are moving along just fine!

* Spinners gets down with the kids

If would prefer a flyable F-5 Freedom Fighter from Thirdwire above all else - pref with C and E versions also avalible.

Otherwise, I like the early Europe idea alot. When it comes to the Buccaneer, I would almost want it to be flyable. For me, the late 60:ies, 70:ies has burned out its welcome in Thirdwire. Its pretty much just the F-4 all the way. Exp 1 broke this string and that is why I love it.

I do not have anything against what-if scenarios. I love em and I would be happy to see Parani-Dhimari getting some love. Regardless what it is, I am quite sure it will be good. TW has yet to let me down.

:lol: @ Spinners! I think it makes you sound hip.

We got a few more clues to whats going on in TKs mind.

Yeah, we do have plans to upgrade the whole merc campaign interface so you have more control over the squadron management - hire/fire pilots, stock weapons instead of buying for each missions, buy different types of fuel (one gives more thrust but easily catch fire vs one with less thrust but safer etc), buy different types of cannon ammo, pay for damage/manitenance, etc etc... some day if we have the time :) And besides, there are so many cool and fun planes we can add in Merc setting, including F-5, Mirage F.1, Saab Draken, Mitsubish F-1, etc etc etc, not to mention many of the local upgrades like AIM-9 armed Hunters, etc, etc Obviously, not all in one Exp pack, but the possiblity is limitless here :)

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7664&p=49115#p49115

And besides, there are so many cool and fun planes we can add in Merc setting, including F-5, Mirage F.1, Saab Draken, Mitsubish F-1,

i want THIS one!!!!

i want THIS one!!!!

With all these planes, I too!

Paul :drinks:

Whatever path TK takes, I am sure I will get more planes I want. I just hope TK finds a path that keeps him in business so that we keep getting more from him.

I also want a Mirage F1 : as flyable and as an ennemy too

Whatever path TK takes, I am sure I will get more planes I want. I just hope TK finds a path that keeps him in business so that we keep getting more from him.

it seems that the path which is really work for him is 60"s/70's one (he said that exp1 did not sale very well. why? a unknown conflict to many people? not enough features? (that's why he's putting a mission editor in the next opus?), or simply the crisis which make people having less money?

difficult to answer

I would wanna see a official Desert Storm expansion or maybe a standalone game. TK can reuse the F15 and the F-16 with minor changes. As for new features he can add tankers and mabye a steerable maverick targeting system :) That would be AWESOME!

But the modern avionik is to complex for SF, just compare the excelent avionik in "Falcon 4" this in such easier way, maybe like Lock on would be great an usefull. This stearabel feature would be great, use the IR sight of the maverick to search und track down targets, real Nightvision or IR vision, but this is far to complex and timeconsuming for a 3 Person crew like TK

Whatever happens I will be happy... I have been since SF1 came out and its the Sim I always go back to as I can just do a canned mission if the old brain pan is a bit slow or failing that I can do a Campaign to give the old brain pan a work out...

To be honest I like all the ideas that have been put forward... the 60's / 70's stuff as well as the Merc setup along with the F-1 etc etc... you get the idea... as the standard is pretty darn good...

And Spinners what the heck where you thinking ??? Chillax indeed

But the modern avionik is to complex for SF, just compare the excelent avionik in "Falcon 4" this in such easier way, maybe like Lock on would be great an usefull. This stearabel feature would be great, use the IR sight of the maverick to search und track down targets, real Nightvision or IR vision, but this is far to complex and timeconsuming for a 3 Person crew like TK

I actually find the avionics to be a great ballance between realism and fun. As long as it appears realistic im good. For example the radars they are good enough. No need to overdue it and make it falcon like, after all its a simlite. TK would not need to simulate all the advanced stuff but rather just focus on those that are seen directly like for example the Maverick tracking/targeting screen. Well as you say a feature like this would take some time so maybe a standalone game in the future :drinks:

I would wanna see a official Desert Storm expansion or maybe a standalone game. TK can reuse the F15 and the F-16 with minor changes. As for new features he can add tankers and mabye a steerable maverick targeting system :) That would be AWESOME!

x2

Graphics were improved all the time (shaders, DX10, bump mapping, etc), meanwhile avionics (radar/hud) actually has not changed since the first WoE. Nobody asks for Falcon, but it could be a little more complex especially for a-g guided weapons. Suez and the first jets are not in my circle of interest. Im waiting for Tomcat :cool: but I will buy also Ex pack for Europe at least for mission editor. :good:

I would like to have more controls for the radar, cause the elevation is static, no chance to fly high and detect low flying targets!

Groundradar should be reworked too, cause no chance to pic up targets!

A Merc expansion is cool because there's no limits on which planes can be included other than the dates it covers. The Mits F-1 he mentioned is an excellent example because in real life it's never flown in combat or been off Japanese territory, but that's no reason not to put it in a merc game.

Anyway, I'm glad to see there is a Korean game planned for the long term, I've only been waiting for it since WOV came out, I'm just worried when that will be! Perhaps he'll release it in '12 for SF's 10th anniversary?

It will be intersting to see what his Korean War sim brings. So far the mod we are working on has 18 new aircraft.

I'm really looking forward to this patch/exp. TK never deceives me, and the inclusion of the ME will be just amazing!!

I would like to have more controls for the radar, cause the elevation is static, no chance to fly high and detect low flying targets!

Groundradar should be reworked too, cause no chance to pic up targets!

Groundradar that can aquire targets is a must if you ask me. The groundradar today is kinda useless. Ive never really used it. We got the magic E key instead.

I like much more earlier scenarios and planes (and they don't need advanced avionics, so it's much better in this sim). What I'd like would be mixed ground units: for example, a Soviet division with some tanks, some APC, infantry, etc, fighting at the same time againt a similar NATO division. This would make ground war and CAS missions much more interesting and realistic

IIRC, ground AI automatically engages enemy targets in vicinity (tanks wipe out AAA if fight near airfileds). The new editor seems to have ground unit placement mode. Perhaps creating a massive mixed battle will get a bit easier now. I know that at the earliest opportunity I'll be putting full SA-8 units of 6 instead of 2 to cover tanks...

I also want a Mirage F1 : as flyable and as an ennemy too

... Yessss!!!

Coupi :bye:

Edited by Coupi