Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

Bofors 40 mm L70 Antiaircraft gun

Bofors 40 mm L70 Antiaircraft gun

New Bofors 40 mm L70 Antiaircraft gun, using the 3D from Kesselbruth's Bofors 40mm L60 Antiaircraft gun. New version with radar and new gundata to make it useful for NF4+ and SF2V/WOV air and ground expansion pack (normal difficult for russian aaa guns).

Also, alternate Bofors L60 Antiaircraft gun and alternate Cold War Antiaircraft guns GUNDATA.INI, simulating Shrapnel. This alternate data is lighter than NF4+ and SF2V/WOV air and ground expansion pack (normal difficult for russian aaa guns), but heavier than the out of the box Thirdwire AAA.

Please, read the Readme.

Good flying to Red mudmovers!

Thank you, Kesselbruth, for your wonderful work, and all Thirwire

Community (the best modding community ever).

Be free to use or mod these files in any freeware mod.

Thank you Ojcar !! My brother will love it as it was his weapon during his military service with the AAA in 1958-1959 and later during his duty as reserve officer. They coupled it in the beginning of the '60's to the Super Fledermaus radar. With some tweaking they could point the gun directly at the target and they demonstrated this to a couple of KLu pilots with manoeuvering Hunters and Starfighters as targets. The pilots could look through the barrel and the aircraft were in sight all the time....................

They were highly impressed and a bit less optimistic about their chances in the face of AAA .

The 40L70 was further modernised in the Netherlands, later coupled to the Flycatcher radar and kept in service untill 2005 in the SHORAD system for airbase defence.

Saw demonstrated during an KLu Open Day where it fired a number of training rounds. Highly impressive !!

The first Bofors AA guns were introduced during late '30's in the Neth. Navy, meaning that in some form it served for almost 70 years in our country !!!!!!:good: :good:

Hou doe,

Derk

Well, I'm going to upload a new version. I have revisited the NF4+ and SF2V/WOV ground and air war expansion pack and have discovered that their AAA schrapnel is more powerful than mine and have a lot of users. My Schrapnel mod is more powerful than the game's deffault, so it can be use as a new "light" version for users that find these mods to be too difficult.

In new version, included gundata to make both bofors 40mm to be usable with NF4+ and SF2V/WOV ground and air war expansion pack (Normal mode for russian guns). Also, by Derk request, included radar (copy from the Gepard one, because I think it's a Super Fledermaus)