Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Women were tougher back in those days

I don't know, if we should believe it - but it is made well at least. And who knows:

that was a time of depression. Maybe she did it for the money?

I totally believe it. It's a stunt, yes, but it really happened. They used to call people who did this, "wing walkers." It happened all the time in airshows after ww1, right alongside actual "barnstorming."

My wife loved this vid. Thanks! She likes bad@ss women, and that was definitely bad@ss!

Shrike Hawk: Take your wife to see Salt or Resident Evil ( the new one in 3D ) The women in both films are Bad to the Bone.

Herr Olham: I agree, in those bad times Miss Ingle and the 13 Cats were doing Airshows so it proabaly was for the Money. Still, I would not have done it.

If women had Balls...she would be unable to walk!....amazing

Guest British_eh

The next time my crate is badly shot up and I'm back over friendly lines, I'll put up a flare for her to drop in and give me a new pair of pants ( as they are probably soiled) and a single malt scotch, which I know will be needed.

Cheers,

British_eh

My wife loved this vid. Thanks! She likes bad@ss women, and that was definitely bad@ss![/quote]

Women these days have grown soft (not a bad thing in certain situations, but I meant metaphorically :grin: ). Just a few generations ago, most women would get up at 0300, milk the cows, fix breakfast, toss hay bales up into the loft all morning, give birth without anesthesia during their lunch break, throw the rest of the hay bales into the loft in the afternoon while nursing the new baby, fix supper, then sew up clothes until lights out.

Men can understand and respect women like that. That's why there were so few divorces back then, compared ot now, IMHO.

Trouble is of course..that Men have grown soft too!

Hihi - good job by Lou there, Widowmaker! Great you honour it by making it your banner. It fits you 100%, IMHO.

Hihi - good job by Lou there, Widowmaker! Great you honour it by making it your banner. It fits you 100%, IMHO.

Thanks m8

Yeah...fits like a glove! :rofl: