Sign in to follow this  
zzzspace

zzzspace v6.0 Sound Pack - for Lock On 1.02

zzzspace v6.0 Sound Pack

[ EDIT by GhostDog. Link removed - file is now available in the Biohaz download section]

Description: Version 6.0 is a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT of all sound effects within Lock On—install it via LOMAN. Other mirror sites are very welcome to mirror this sound effects pack--enjoy.

--

I thought v5.1 would be my last sound pack, but I recently discovered a new way to combine engine and flight effect sounds within Lock On so I am releasing a new sound pack, version 6.0, which incorporates this as well as many new high quality jet engine sound samples. This pack has the highest quality sounds so far assembled for any modern air combat flight sim, and is what I had hoped would be possible when I first began making sound-packs for Lock On, about 6 months ago.

I've also created two sound demonstration tracks with which to show-off the exceptional ‘sound-scape’ and audio quality contained within the pack. You’ll find these tracks in the folder; …Lock On\Missions\Tracks\Demo

I’ve made a concerted effort to authentically replicate the engine sound of an F-15C within version 6.0 (and to greatly inprove all the jet sounds) so be sure to set my recommended audio slider settings, then turn up the volume as high as you dare and start the included track named “zzz_f-15c_soundemo.trk”. This track depicts the best audio ever within a civil jet combat 'sim'. Special appreciation and acknowledgment to Andrew Hicks for his high-quality ‘Avalon 2003’ recordings of USAF F-15C demonstration flights.

ANDREW HICKS

USAF F-15C AVALON 2003

regards,

zzzspace

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 6.0 is designed to work with Lock On1.02

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED the following Lock On audio slider settings be used in order to hear these sounds at their best:

MASTER VOLUME = 100%

MUSIC = 20%

RADIO = 35%

ENGINES = 100%

MECHANICALS = 100%

EFFECTS = 100%

WIND = 100%

WARNING = 50%

COCKPIT = 85%

zzzspace,

I've been using 5.1 soundpack and I have to say it's excellent and now you released a new one :D . That's always a good thing.

I am sure this will be better than the rest. I appreciate your work as always. Your sound pack never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks zed zed zed space!!!!

Edited by paralyzer

Thanks Paralyzer, these will give your Kilspch speakers a work out--have fun! :D

Well what can I say zzzspace. Your soundmod 6.0 is absolutely fantastic! I watched your F-15 demo track and the sounds are great! The F-15's sound during fly by is fantastic! I just recently watched a video of a F-15 from an airshow and your sound perfectly matches it.

I also immediately noticed the planewind and planedistortion wav files are now perfectly balanced and they sound much better. It is not so loud anymore when in-cockpit view. Good job on this one. Not to mention the new 50km sound bubble :D

Wingman jet engines or planes near you on parking area is still loud. I almost jumped out of my chair when a new plane spawned next to me on multiplayer mode hehe. Not your fault though. It's the way Lock On's sound system works as you have mentioned.

I fixed this by lowering my engine and wind volume level to 80/90 percent (still testing which one is better) and it's not as loud obviously. I don't want to lose those excellent fly by sounds so I doubt I will go any lower.

Excellent work on this one zzzspace I give it 5 out of 5 stars ***** ;)

Edited by paralyzer

I have uploaded to file to the Biohaz fileserver and its now available in the LoMac>Sound part of the download section

Well what can I say zzzspace.  Your soundmod 6.0 is absolutely fantastic!  I watched your F-15 demo track and the sounds are great!  The F-15's sound during  fly by is fantastic!  I just recently watched a video of a F-15 from an airshow and your sound perfectly matches it.

I also immediately noticed the planewind and  planedistortion wav files are now perfectly balanced and they sound much better.  It is not so loud anymore when in-cockpit view.  Good job on this one. Not to mention the new 50km sound bubble  :D

Wingman jet engines or planes near you on parking area is still loud.  I almost jumped out of my chair when a new plane spawned next to me on multiplayer mode hehe.  Not your fault though.  It's the way Lock On's sound system works as you have mentioned. 

I fixed this by lowering my engine and wind volume level to 80/90 percent (still testing which one is better) and it's not as loud obviously. I don't want to lose those excellent fly by sounds so I doubt I will go any lower. 

Excellent work on this one zzzspace I give it 5 out of  5 stars ***** ;)

A thorough initial 'look under the hood' again Paralyzer. ;) Thanks for the perfect score mate,I'm glad you are enjoying it; having both excellent sound and the amazing graphics in Lock On makes it a real pleasure to fly for me. I remember playing Microprose F-117A NightHawk on an Intel286 in about 1990, through a little internal cardboard PC speaker (a really horrendous tinny continuous high-pitched screeeeaaach!!!) and a real F-111 did a low-level flyby past my window ... and you can’t help but hope that one day the PC flight sims will have sound and graphics like that. It's still not like an actual fighter jet in action but v6.0 is much closer that any of my previous sound packs and I don't know if I can better it within Lock On. The F4+BMS sound engine looks very promising though, but the F4 crowd are so ‘up themselves’ about ‘realism’ that I don’t know that it’s worth the effort to improve the sounds in that sim (although it is screaming out for it!).

I'm getting more and more addicted to Lock On action these days, despite the on-going frustration of buggy mission planning tools and essentially no documentation. Lock On brings things that previous jet sims didn't have, or didn't do well, and that is its saving grace, else I'd be flying F4x and IL2x.

Anyway, just sharing what I use, glad you enjoy it mate—cheers!

@ GhostDog, thanks mate, BioHaz is THE Lock On support site for me. :D

Hehe no problem zzzspace. By the way I'm not sure if I told you before that I am using a sound blaster live that's about 4 yrs. old.

I am using the new sound.cfg with the 50km sound bubble and I have no problems with it whatsoever. I even have the ACCELERATION to full (always have) and there's no crackling sound or problems like what people in the UBI forums posted (I didn't know you are also finiteless?).

Yes I agree Lock On is great and that's why you should stick to more than Falcon hehe. Come stop by my squad's site sometime and say hello :D .

Thanks for the sound again zzzspace although I have a feeling this will not be your final soundmod for Lock On. I'm sure you will find a way to make it better as usual. I have all your soundpacks going back all the way to version 1. Remember that CarrierLand.wav that caused a second pause before hitting the deck? :P . Anyway your sound has definitely come a long way it is definitely top class. Thanks for contributing to the community.

Edited by paralyzer

Glad you are liking it, yes, finiteless is the new pseudonym, and I'll be sure to drop into the maddog S77th forums--cheers paralyzer!

Just installed your soundpack, and did one little mistake: I cranked the volume up a tad too high (have the computer hooked up to a rather powerful stereo with matching speakers). Let's just say it was loud. VERY lound. In fact, my four cats now shy away from the speakers, my girlfriend was almost scared witless, glasses shook in the cupboards in the kitchen and a picture on the wall fell down and broke. The sound is, for lack of a better word, close to perfect. All I miss is a bit of depth to the rumble when the engines are close to/at MIL-power, but the AB-sounds are just yum.

In other words: The soundpack is just absolutely stunning. Very very good job, and keep'em coming!

(if you've got a pretty large stereo with some nice low-frequency characteristics: Try doing a subsonic flyby on full AB. Don't blame me for broken thing/going deaf/mad neighbours/girlfriends or wife moving out and pets hating you forever :P)

I have the Logitech Z680's (500 watts) and the sounds completely own.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you are getting a hit out of them; I use those same speakers ruggbutt, so you couild say it was made for them. :D