Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

3 questions.

I reinstalled OFF, and have some doubts after long time without playing.

1- Is possible to turn off the engine? Will be cool If I can turn off the engine once I landed on the airfield, but can't found the aproppiate key/keys.

2- Is possible to accelerate time without using warping? Imagine I want to catch a plane and I want to accelerate the time so the flying time is shorter. If I use WARP, my plane automatically fly to the next waypoint totally avoiding combat.

3- The in-cockpit view, only let me seeright, left, up and instruments views. Is possible to smoothly change the view so I can turn my head smoothly?

Thanks!

1 - E Key will turn off the engine

2 - Ctl Shift E (But I've never used it)

3- Buy a TrackIR

Take a look at CMD Key guide:

http://snomhf.exofir...mdkeysNoCFS.png

Cheers

EDIT: I don't know if SHIFT+Keypad 4 and SHIFT+ Keypad 6 will help you with the pan view. I've always used the TrackIR device so I've never tried out without it.

Edited by Von Paulus

1) not sure if the E-key can also turn the engine off - I always use "M" to cut off magnetos

(maybe not the regular way, I know)

2) Warping does NOT avoid combat. Warp will always stop, when enemies are near.

3) Yes, there is a glide view, which you can pan around with your view button. Forgot the key,

cause I also use TrackIR (unbeatable allround view system!!!)Check the "Controls" this way:

press "escape" ingame, then click "Controls" in the menue; click "View Controls" and find the

one you need.

PS: Stratos, are you in the OFF Pilots Maps? If not, please send me a PM with your town

and country, and I'll put you in there.

1) not sure if the E-key can also turn the engine off - I always use "M" to cut off magnetos

(maybe not the regular way, I know)

Now that you mention. It's not E it's M.

Engine, and time accel solved. But can't find how to make my pilot move his head smoothly, need to search more. BTW, is there any Jasta that let me start in August 1915 with the EIII?

Olham, I have no idea what is that "pilot list", so I'm not there. My town is Amposta in Spain.

Stratos, firstly: Welcome at OFF Forum! As von Paulus said: you are our 4th Iberian pilot.

Now to the view:

Try the command: " Toggel scroll/snap view". Add an assignment and choose a key, that is easy to reach

(preferably on the joystick). Now, with that command you should be able to toggle between the static

"snap view", which is all the angles your HUD button does; and the "scroll view", which is a floating view

which you can move with your HUD button (around and also up and down).

For combat though, the "snap view" is better.

PS: you are on the map now; see here:

http://combatace.com/topic/44370-off-forum-pilots-maps/page__view__findpost__p__315225

Go to the last post also.

Edited by Olham

actually..good point..is there a target lock option (like in RB3d?)

Ah yes...Targetting commands :drinks:

Hi Jordi,

Welcome to the OFF forum - i hope you have as much time with OFF as you have with EAW :drinks:

Thanks to all for the welcome, good to see you here Mike! Solved the problem with the view, is lovely now, really lovely. Have any of you guys survived the war?

I don't know anyone, who has flown through the whole war and survived it.

Even Creaghorn, who is probably the most careful flyer, flying the sim as if it could cost his real life,

has not survived a time of two years.

I have given up to start at the beginning - I now pic a time of year, the aircraft, and a place to start,

which I like, and there I got - until my end.

Did you check my link for the map? (Hope you are positioned right).

Edited by Olham

Did you check my link for the map? (Hope you are positioned right).

Jordi is a Catalan name. Isn't it?

Stratos, you can join Jasta 4 (which is first called FA 23) - the fly the Eindecker E.II from 1. September 1915.

Didn't find an earlier one.

But do yourself a favour and start with a better fighter - like the Halberstadt D.II - otherwise it might lead to

much frustration. You could still do the difficult Eindeckers later?

Welcome to the new guy... and the drinks are on him...

Must admit once I have sorted my new life out I will be taking the Einnie up for a spin or 50 depending on how I do... simply because I like to learn the planes...

Edited by Slartibartfast

It can be mastered, if you take some care and are aware, that it has not as much power as later craft.

So you need to fly it with great awareness of your energy. For tighter turns, it is always good to dive

to gain speed. Don't bank it too hard, use full rudder.

I have shot down Nieuport Bebes with it, so it is possible to fight them. But you will feel like balancing

on a tightrope most of the time.

Already tried on QC and shoot down one of those British pushers, but is very hard not to crash with it, is soooo slow. lol

About Time acceleration, I can't use WARP or TIME ACCEL when enemies are present, so If you're trying to chase a enemy trying to run from you, you can spend lot of real time to catch them, not very good for my tiny amount of flying time :(

BTW, yes Amposta is just where you placed it, and yes too Jordi is a catalan name.

Thats a limitation from CFS3 unfortunately on the time acceleration if I remember rightly...

Hold down the time acceleration keys. It will still accelerate in bursts.