Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

FE2 Realistic Sky Mod

I'm updating my "FE1 Realistic Sky Mod" for FE2 and so far it looks even better than the FE1 version (IMHO). :grin:

When I get through in the next few days, is there anybody out there that wants to Beta test it and let me know what they think (as well as how it looks on another PC) ???

Absolutely!

I now have W7 64 running AOK.

Typically getting 60 fps unlimited GFX.

2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930

8 gig Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5770

C300-CTFDDAC128MAGSSD as C: drive

Edited by sinbad

I'll try it out for you, Panama. Although, I might not be the best one to do it, since I use XP and have a low end system (Pentium4 single core, 2.8Ghz, 2gigs system ram, EGeforce 6200 256megs), so if you want to know if it can be tweaked to run on a chuck wagon rather than a Ferrari, I'm your man.grin.gif

Heck:

At this point, I've found that the terrain, horizon view distance or particular airplane are having more impact that the sky mod set in the "widesky" mode.

I am using a Win7 64, i7 975 OC'ed, ATI 4890 card, and I can get anywhere from 60 FPS with Ultra Distance, Stock Planes and Stock Terrain with this sky mod, down to 17 FPS if I test with Ultra Distance (with trees all the way to the horizon), JT's fantactic terrain, and eight DH4 planes on a bombing mission (it's the worst FPS killer plane out there, which is why I always use it to really test the FE games).

Another interesting discovery I made was that TK's stock Horizon Clouds actually "fit" better with this sky mod than some of the other 3rd party horizon clouds (IMO) due to the cloud coloring & testure.

sinbad:

I tried to send you the files this morning, but it bounced back. I'm assuming that your message folder is filled to capacity. When you can get messages again, let me know and I will send it to you again.

Panama Red

Panama Red

I just cleaned the closet and the attic. Soon I hope to see the sky . . .

sinbad

It's been complete for awhile, I just need to pack it up, take some pictures and send it in. The FE2 sky mod a lot more realistic than my original FE1 sky mod due to some of the FE2 improvements..:grin:

Any news on this mod? Was looking forward to it, having found like others that FE1 cloud mods are actually FE2 cloud killers :(