Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Excuse me Marines. I have a question about this vid

Could one of you please explain to me what dude did wrong to get jumped by all these DI's? Or is this fake?

Edit: Or is this one of those mental conditioning things?

Edited by Skyviper

prolly didn't get his auto insurance from Geico....

wrench

kevin stein

Ah the ole TI ambush, we used to do that to trainees all the time, to try to get them to break. Some would break some didnt even bat an I. Those years I was a Military Training Instructor were good times. I dont care what branch you are in, being psychically tough is one thing but being mentally tough is where you make or break recruits. Ask any Drill Sgt, DI, RDC, or TI, once you get in their head, you own them.

Ah the ole TI ambush, we used to do that to trainees all the time, to try to get them to break. Some would break some didnt even bat an I. Those years I was a Military Training Instructor were good times. I dont care what branch you are in, being psychically tough is one thing but being mentally tough is where you make or break recruits. Ask any Drill Sgt, DI, RDC, or TI, once you get in their head, you own them.

Well that makes sense. Thank you.:good:

Heh, just 3 years ago I went through that about every day.... It's nothing but really funny when you realize that it just looks like a bunch of idiots hollering out at ya.

Ahhh.... memories and good times!

.. It's nothing but really funny when you realize that it just looks like a bunch of idiots hollering out at ya.

When I look back we sure do look like idiots, but at the time, the recruit was puckering up.

Ok, that happened to me a bunch of times in basic when I was dorm guard because the first time they did it (and every time after that), I busted up laughing. It was just plain @$$ randome out of the blue in your face yelling and my only response was cracking up. I couldn't help myself. It was the funniest thing that I had ever come across at the time. Of course, I had to push Texas for laughing... that wasn't funny... untill the TI started yelling something really dumb and funny at me when I couldn't push anymore. Yeah... I got a good upper body work out duirng my time in basic. :grin:

When I look back we sure do look like idiots, but at the time, the recruit was puckering up.

Erhm,

but not me. Every time I saw it coming I was was thinking to myself "oh well, here come the sisters," and I knew I just had to wait it out and go through the script...."aye aye, sir....yada.........ok, those bastards are gone now." But as you know Dave, not cracking the nut always attracts the instructor's curiosity so they keep coming back at the challenge.

I found it interesting when I was a recruit back in the mists of time... as every time they came at me I gave them a different angle to work sort of reverse pyschology which sometimes didn't go down too well... led to me doing quite a few push ups as well as the odd run or 50... oh and never ever overtake the PTI on a run as they don't like it too much and they sulk a lot...

Erhm,

but not me. Every time I saw it coming I was was thinking to myself "oh well, here come the sisters," and I knew I just had to wait it out and go through the script...."aye aye, sir....yada.........ok, those bastards are gone now." But as you know Dave, not cracking the nut always attracts the instructor's curiosity so they keep coming back at the challenge.

Yep, it became a challenge to try to crack them. Most did but you did have that 1% who didnt. The ones who didnt though were also the ones who did well in basic because "they got it" early enough through training. These we also the ones who did well in tech school. Some might call it being able to play the game, but I disagree, this 1% were the ones who knew what the actual goal of the training was and adapted. I should look for some of my pics of when I was a TI and post them.

Yep, it became a challenge to try to crack them. Most did but you did have that 1% who didnt. The ones who didnt though were also the ones who did well in basic because "they got it" early enough through training. These we also the ones who did well in tech school. Some might call it being able to play the game, but I disagree, this 1% were the ones who knew what the actual goal of the training was and adapted. I should look for some of my pics of when I was a TI and post them.

Oh that would be too cool(well for me anyway)

They(the DI's) got to me early. My eyes must have looked like a deer in the headlights. :shok: After a while we figured out what it was all about. We used to say "they can kill you,but they can't eat the body,that's against the rules." Then we would all laugh.

A few rode tough all the way through. They were screamed at constantly.

When it came to PT. The offender would usually be made to stand at attention while the rest of us did squatM...F..ers forever.

If it happened more than twice with the same guy,it would be 'blanket party' time. :angry2:

Yeah,we did them. (Old Corps)