Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Can the camera views be modded?

Is it possible to change the camera views when pressing F5-F6 and so on. I would like for example to change the speed when in free camera mode so that it doesnt go so fast. What .ini file should i experiment with?

Thank you!

Yes you can modify views in VIEWLIST.INI fle, extract it from FlightData.CAT

also I think that in download section there are some 'view' mods.

Edited by ArturR

Yes you can modyifing views in VIEWLIST.INI fle, extract it from FlightData.CAT

also I think that in download section there are some 'view' mods.

THanx =) I will search for the view mods. ANother question. Is it possible to make the camera strafe sideways instead of the regular pitch and yaw controlls?

THanx =) I will search for the view mods. ANother question. Is it possible to make the camera strafe sideways instead of the regular pitch and yaw controlls?

Yes, there is also a tutorial made by King Albert @ KB

check here

http://combatace.com/topic/21129-new-external-views-by-king-albert/

i made ages ago a view mod:

http://combatace.com/files/file/7798-alternative-viewlistini/

enjoy.

You can do alot with Viewlist. I mean a whole lot. There's a story behind TK and the old EAW game, TK making fancy camera views to sell his new team's work to the game company, but I think that fancy-ness filtered into the SF. You don't need to "sell" to customers who already bought the game. Anyways, TK works for Thirdwire now. :salute: The "fancy" example I'm thinking of here is the slow external object view translation. Its cute the first time you see it, but after that you want to make the camera just go immediately to the next object instead of waiting for the camera to fly across the map (imagine a 10,000km map). That feature is .... I think... SmoothPositionTransition=FALSE. Its been a few years since I turned this OFF.

External free camera is my specialty. I use it to explore details in models and airfields, and to cross a 10,000 kilometer map in a snap. The settings allow fast acceleration to very high speeds, or not, depending on what you need it for. The most important control is camera translation speed -- called the zoom scale here.

ZoomScale=0.001 .... for slowly exploring short distances inside aircraft models, runways, etc...

Just one keystroke...Add a leading 1 to the 0.001 and...

ZoomScale=10.001 .... for rapidly zooming across a 10,000km map for testing terrain.

Delete that leading 1, and you are back to the fine short distance travel camera with one swift keystroke.

My external free camera...SF1

[ViewClass001]

ViewClassName=FreeViewClass

ViewType=FREE_VIEW

ViewGroupID=0

DefaultView=

AllowFromDiffGroup=TRUE

SnapView=FALSE

InsideView=FALSE

FOV=90

PitchControl=CAMERA_PITCH_AXIS

YawControl=CAMERA_YAW_AXIS

RollControl=

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

RememberFOV=FALSE

LimitPitch=FALSE

LimitYaw=FALSE

LimitRoll=FALSE

ZoomFOV=FALSE

StepZoom=FALSE

ZoomScale=0.001

PanScale=0.01

MinFOV=90

MaxFOV=90

OffsetDistance=0.0

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Hi all,

I need to modify camera view in F6 mode of STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 EXPANSION PACK 2 . I need the camera focus in oposite view than  default, so the camera focus out of airplane not on airplane. The reason for this is to select an AI airplane flying on my side and press F6 with oposite view to film my own aircraft , that's the only way to get real movements of my own aircraft with real feel, like a real active camera.

Is that possible ? and where to put the modified VIEWLIST.INI ? I read that I have tot put in mod folder (thirdwire saved games, and name of the Simulator ) but I need to create an specific folder ?

Thank you all in advance

Edited by Galderic

Thank you all,

I follow the instructions of the mod but nothing happens. I modified the controls archive .ini located in saved files, and paste the VIEWLIST.INI to the FLIGHT folder located in installation folder. I think that VIEWLIST.INI pass is the wrong procedure. Maybe I have to put the VIEWLIST.INI in FLIGHT folder with another format with the help of CAT extractor or something ? 

Days ago I read the instructions to install mods in this Simulator but something is not clear. People say that in saved folders is the folder to put the mods, and another people say that is FLIGHT folder located in installation folder.

I installed all simulators of strike fighters 2 and I have the installation folder (strike fighters 2) in "Program files(x86)" and another folders in saved games.

In this case the controls.ini  (named default.ini in my case, located in controls folder , situated in saved games) and FLIGHT folder is in "Program files(x86)".

Someone can help me please ?

Thank you

Edited by Galderic

Hello mate, yes create a flight folder in your "mod folder" (saved games..)

viewlist can be found in the CATs.

you can extract any file to its respective place inside "mod folder" than edit as you wish.