Sign in to follow this  
Olham

It's gone so quiet here...

Since the decision, that the devs won't show any developments for P4, so that they can't be copied by other sims,

it has become rather quiet around here. In PM's with good members, I also noticed that they miss some info from

the devs.

Now, I have been thinking about ways to change that a little bit, perhaps. Here is my thought:

The other most competitive sim(s) must also have their forums, where they (perhaps) show their latest ideas

and developments. Now, would it be possible, that you (OFF devs) do at least show stuff, that the others have

already presented; stuff they are definitely working on already (so it couldn't be a copy of OFF anymore)?

I wrote this, because I'm sure it would be some important spice to our forum - if you say, it can't be done, that's

okay; but I wanted to suggest it.

Edited by Olham

Yes, It has become a bit quiet...of course, gamers come and go..I am playing Mafia 2 at the moment..so dont come here quiet as often...but the guys are no doubt working hard!

I was amazed to have Winder tell me about the Snipe...I am sure that was not a hugely high priority for them, which might suggest things are moving on well?

Probably some info will appear near the release date. Some developers, feel more comfortable, working in this way.

I think it's months away from being release.

EDIT: Are you enjoying Mafia 2, UK? I've played for 1 hour, while I enjoyed the 50's recreation, the gameplay was not so good.

Edited by Von Paulus

it's important to keep things going, and introduce as many people as possible to P3. i'm sure you all know plenty of people who can be introduced to it, the more the merrier.

until p4 arrives, p3 is what we have.

the more who play p3 now, the more will be available for p4.

Must admit I am missing my OFF but for only another 3 weeks until I fly back to the UK to pick it up... I have built a special PC here just geared towards running OFF...

For P4 and the Devs the fact that we know that they are working on it and don't want to release anything in case its stolen by others I can fully and truly understand...

I will though devour any images they put forward and if I could pre-order I would as going on my year with P3 (okay 4 months off due to working in Vienna)... I know that they will be creating a masterpiece...

So I am happy to wait though a little drop in message or even a pic would be nice... Patience is wonderful and sometimes we must be so to gain a good reward... Hope that makes sense... So I will be patient

Completed Mafia II....... enjoyed the storyline but the gameplay was a bit awkward. Driving is a mess, but you can get used to it. When shooting I found my aim was always off from where I thought it was at first but easily correctable. I did so enjoy the cars and creating paint schemes that reminded me of my childhood. Still, the game has beautiful graphics if your system can handle it, a good storyline which I found short lived, and with the few flaws noted I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

I just completed Dragon Age even though I have been playing it for months. Am now into Dragon Age Awakenings.

Have been chasing a good career in OFF, well, better then others I have had. Have an upgraded video card so I am playing with the grpahics settings. Can run everything at 5 with very limited FPS reduction. Still, the game will crash at times when I am using my joystick POV in external view. Will keep tweaking it until I have no issues but am thrilled with the quality of the graphics with everything turned up. Have really been trying to learn more about Photoshop 7 and reverse engineering aircraft templates to make skinning easier for me. Have a long way to go.

Have also been venturing into CFS3. Bought it for OFF but never played it. Find it appealing and am looking at adding user aircraft to upgrade the visuals. Also have found some of the games features that would surely be great additions in OFF if they could be ported over, which I know nothing about and am sure the dev's are scrutinizing every possibility.

I've really enjoyed Mafia 2...good storyline...great fist fights and gunfights were good fun!

Oh, great: a conspiracy!!! Although - it looks like my usual proceedure with the Albatros at the end of my fights....

We aren't ready to show anything yet Olham. When we are we will :)

Guest British_eh

Hi there Olham,

It's a bit like when we go to negotiate a contract. The Committee tries to get the best, and some things look like an easy grab, but at the last moment, something changes, and poof, it's gone. So, they say nothing till it is in the bag so to speak. I think it's cool that we know there is a Snipe, not just to keep WM most happy, but that we know there are other aircraft coming.

So, to cheer you up, look at the new post I'll put out.

Cheers,

British_eh

We aren't ready to show anything yet Olham. When we are we will :)

Great, Pol - I'll be patient; I know you'll come up with something to amaze me.

Hello,

that there's not much going on here does not mean there's no one watching the forums .. but you are right, it is a bit disappointing to hear nothing. Withholding info so others might not "steal" it (OFF "Hat in the ring" add-on and the soon-following RoF "Hat in the ring "campaign" anyone ?) is one thing, but maybe there should be a bit of advertisement ?

I mean since there's the internet the whole advertisement and rumours thing is about "leaking" some formation intentionally ahem ...

Greetings,

Catfish

Well, he said they will do, when there is enough progress to show. I trust them, that they will do.

We will be showing some 'limited' updates and progress shots in due course.

WM

I haven't been around for awhile but its good to see some familiar names. I've been very busy at work and haven't gamed much at all in the last few months. I have found some time lately though and OFF is still number one on my list. Built a new computer for work and in the process got introduced to solid state drives and eventually ended up installing OFF on one here at home. Definately the way of the future.

Edited by 12oclockhigh

Well I haven't been playing P3 as long as most here but have invested some hours into it and haven't even scratched the surface. With the variety of aircraft, timeframes and locations available how can anyone loose interest in this yet. Sure I am like everyone else and ready to drop a buck or two when P4 makes it's appearance but do personally appreciate that the dev's are continuing thier pursuit. Can you imagine the pressure they are under? They have produced an outstanding product and have to do what they can to ensure that P4 continues that success. My hats off to them! Let them take their time to ensure that we picky users of their product have less to complain about when it does arrive.

Welcome back, 12oclockhigh!

Absolutely, nbryant! I'm also only now becoming a good enough fighter pilot.

I can easily spend another 2 years in P3 without getting tired of it. Yes, let them take their time, defintely.

Edited by Olham